Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add-on GSM dialler/texter options.

Options
  • 20-08-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

My mother has an old Airtech CS350 alarm system its simple and still serviceable, more importantly my mother who is elderly can set and unset it ok. I would rather upgrade it than replace because my mother will struggle with the change. At present I'm working away from Dublin a lot and want simple remote monitoring of her alarm, just a GSM unit with a payg sim to send a text if the alarm is going off. The house has no internet and the box is miles away from a phone point. In my day job I work with industrial automation so 12v relays & switches shouldn't be too big an issue for me. I've seen GSM modules on the internet for less than €100, but they were UK network only, can someone recommend me a simple low cost GSM board that will take a sim or alternatively a wired dial-up unit that can be triggered via a wireless switch in the panel.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭armstrongracer

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I've done the same with a CS350 and a PSTN dialer, for pretty much the same reasons you've outlined above. Just wire the trigger input on the internal sounder "-" connection. You'll need to set the the dialler to operate of a negative going signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭armstrongracer

Aye, but what modules are there out there that will work with Irish PAYG sims?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most generic GSM diallers will accept pre pay sim cards.

Advertisement