Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobsplus scheme question

Options
  • 20-08-2015 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    I've just found out I'm eligible for the jobsplus scheme which allows a grant of €10000 or €7500 to an employer to offset wage costs. I know my employer would be paid in installments each month.

What I want to know is if I take a short term contract, will whatever that is left of the grant be available to my next employer and so on, until the amount is gone?

I want to know this to see if it's best to hold out for a long term contract as I know (hope) I won't be eligible for Jobsplus again.

Thanks,
    James.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jamesr1234

I had a look through, couldn't find a specific answer to my question.
    I'm afraid to take a short term job (>3months) in case it uses up my jobsplus and I end up back in a DSP office afterwards.

It seems like a great benefit to an employee so I think I should hold out for awhile.

Hopefully their office is open tommorrow so I can give them a call.

Advertisement