Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got BTEA approved?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Niaveee

SameHorse wrote: »
    don't cancel yet... I'd get on to some local TD's and see if they can advocate on your behalf and see what can be done.

I contacted two of my local tds already, both contacted my local intreo center on my behalf but were unable to help. At my wits end. Truly devastated

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Did you submit an application? i got told I wouldn't qualify in the offices but I applied anyway.

Yes I submitted an application. Fingers crossed that you have better luck than me

EoinG94 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. When did you sign on ?

Signed on in May but was on illness benefit for a year prior to that. They allow 50/50 of other payments to make up the qualifying time but unfortunately I was 25days short on jobseekers benefit. Was told I can't appeal it too

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EoinG94

Niaveee wrote: »
    Signed on in May but was on illness benefit for a year prior to that. They allow 50/50 of other payments to make up the qualifying time but unfortunately I was 25days short on jobseekers benefit. Was told I can't appeal it too

I feel for you buddy ! I'm waiting on word back also. But I'm uncertain. BTEA needs reviewing by the department in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EoinG94

Niaveee wrote: »

If you don't mind me asking, what level is the course ?

• Advertisement

Agree with you there definitely needs reviewing. It was a level 8 course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Dair76 wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting?

Yes, Haven't heard a word.

Was approved myself a month ago, pending documentation from the college (which I had already provided), and have heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Dair76 wrote: »
    Was approved myself a month ago, pending documentation from the college (which I had already provided), and have heard nothing since.

Seems to be on a go slow I was not even approved, although I was told by man in social welfare office that I should get it.So I am still collecting JS in post office every week and getting on good in my course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gillymuffins

Anyone been left short money on their payment today? I got €160 last week, but €144 this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jim tully

Also waiting to hear back six weeks into my course. On my midterm next week so I think I'll give them a shout. Should I not be concerned as I'm collecting JSA from the post office every week even though I'm officially registered in college?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

no you keep signing on till you get the decision

Just an update to my own situation - I went down to my local office (I know that won't be an option for everyone, but they just don't answer the bloody phone). Basically I was told that my payments "should have been going through", and he couldn't say why they weren't. Anyway, my payments will now start going into my bank account this Thursday.

Supposedly.

Advertisement