Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Black Fri night

Options
  • 20-08-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is heading to hear Mary Black play tomorrow night ? It's in what was St Luke's church , near Henchys pub . They do mention when booking that you might like to bring cushions as you sitting in church pews!! Any one offer any insight on that ? It starts at 730 not sure if there's a support artist first ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

St Lukes was a lovely venue . Staff very friendly . I would say it held about 600 or so . If anyone is going there over the next few night I would say do being a cushion for yourself and there is a small bar in there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

My brother & his wife went and while the venue was fantastic, they were disappointed by Mary Black. They had in mind the Mary Black who was at the peak of her powers 25 years ago, so it was a major let down for them to hear her voice wasn't what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

We said the same thing ! We thought the whole thing was very cabaret style singing ... And then thought well were we being unfair ... 20 years later who does sound the same !! I'll be sticking to my CD collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

We said the same thing ! We thought the whole thing was very cabaret style singing ... And then thought well were we being unfair ... 20 years later who does sound the same !! I'll be sticking to my CD collection

It's such a pity to say it, as I was a big fan of her singing. Better to remember her at her best.

Advertisement