Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting a number

Options
  • 20-08-2015 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I tried to port a number from Magnet Entertainment but it failed. Eircom told me it was impossible as it was on a different exchange. My line was on the Dun Laoghaire Town Exchange but the number was associated with the Priory Park Exchange. I was staying in the same house and using the same physical line into my house but Eircom were adamant the number could not be transferred.

I rang both Magnet and ComReg both of whom were perplexed. I ended up porting to a VOIP provider. 

I would however like to find out the technical reasons this port couldn't happen with Eircom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I tried to port a number from Magnet Entertainment but it failed. Eircom told me it was impossible as it was on a different exchange. My line was on the Dun Laoghaire Town Exchange but the number was associated with the Priory Park Exchange. I was staying in the same house and using the same physical line into my house but Eircom were adamant the number could not be transferred.

I rang both Magnet and ComReg both of whom were perplexed. I ended up porting to a VOIP provider. 

I would however like to find out the technical reasons this port couldn't happen with Eircom.
    Hi Vuzuggu

I'm really sorry to hear this however The technical reasons sound like they have been explained to the full extent of the level of information eircom can discus regarding infrastructural specifications - if you would like to PM me your address I'll request further information although I'm not sure if more information will be available.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement