Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass gainer

• 20-08-2015 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Well lads, looking for some advice on what Mass Gainer I should get. Preferably looking for a bricks & mortar shop so I can grab it over the weekend.

Basically I've used Serious Mass (3 years ago for about 5-6 months) and NXT Mass Gain(last 6 months) in the past. I probably seen my best results with Serious Mass, but am currently using NXT because its cheaper (€40 a container) and available at my gym. Should I go back to SM or is there a better Mass Gainer out there for me ?

Its worth noting that money is pretty tight at the moment and I don't really mind taking in sugars (I've heard serious mass has a large amount compared with others) so long as its good value and high calories. I also normally mix them with oats and milk to add calories.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I can't answer directly but just for future reference, they all seem to be ~400-420 kcal per 100g with a carb:protein ratio of 4:3.

Quite easy to make up your own with oats and protein, which would be worth considering if money is tight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I can't answer directly but just for future reference, they all seem to be ~400-420 kcal per 100g with a carb:protein ratio of 4:3.

Quite easy to make up your own with oats and protein, which would be worth considering if money is tight
    I think you are thinking of the typical ratio for "recovery" or post work out shakes.
    These mass gains are more like 5:1 (Serious mass) to 3.83:1 (NXT).

Serious Mass uses Maltodexterin. And NXT is Malto+Oats

Matlo is cheap, €16 gets you 5kg. If you buy that plus whey from MP (get the 5kg bag and use 1/4), and then a 1.5kg bag of oats. It works out about half price.

If money was tight, thats what I'd do. Failing that, just stick with NXT for €40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Mellor wrote: »
    I think you are thinking of the typical ratio for "recovery" or post work out shakes.

They're 2:1.

Just picked a couple of mass gainers from MP and BP and that's what they threw up, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They're 2:1.

Just picked a couple of mass gainers from MP and BP and that's what they threw up, that's all.

Actually 2:1 sounds about right PWO.
    ON Serious Mass and the like are taking the piss really

Advertisement