Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interrailing October

• 21-08-2015 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

So I'm planning on going interrailing for the month of October and was wondering if it's a good idea? Anyone out there do this before?

I'm going solo so I would like to meet a few people along the way but as it's off season I'm worried there wont be much people travelling and would that make it harder or what?

Also anyone has a decent route to take that time of year, hoping to find some relatively nice weather along the way anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 GoingBonkers

Do some serious research into the price for each train for exactly where you're going. The interrail is expensive and a rippoff if you want to be in any one location for more than a few days. I've been in Europe for about 6-7 months now, and have spent less than 300 euro in travel expense with planes (usually 30 euro per plane) Buses and trains (most expensive, avoid if possible). If I would have bought the interrail pass it would have been insanely expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 69cokaz

Cheers, have decided against the interrail pass all right. Having looked around can find some very cheap flights and buses too.

Advertisement