Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute to Nass - Advice needed :)

Options
  • 21-08-2015 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys!
    I'm looking for some advice on commuting from South Dublin to Naas. I know from reading other forums that commuting from Kildare into Dublin can be crazy busy, but how is it the other way around? I'm moving up from Cork and hoping to move in with friends in Ranelagh area and commute out, but would love to know what the commute is like before jumping into a lease!
    Any advice would be great! :) Really looking forward to the big move!
    Thanks, J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi

I live in Naas - but have talked to a few people who do the commute out from the city - the general consensus was that getting from where ever you start to just past the red cow can be a pain (but I'd probably argue that's general Dublin traffic), but it's plain sailing to Naas (getting around the town can be a pain depending on where you're heading and schools etc). Going the other way seems to be a bit worse depending on the time - as people coming from CityWest etc can making things busy in addition to the general traffic heading into Dublin.

My general view would be that it's perfectly do-able (and far easier than the reverse commute) - but don't expect it to a walk in the park at any time of the day - and a bit of planning/timing it right will make a big difference.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnny92

Thanks a mill paddy!

Advertisement