Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query regarding recent order

Options
  • 21-08-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I placed an order yesterday for broadband and home phone. Got confirmation email as advised.

However the recurring charge on the email is not as I would have expected.

I ordered eFibre Unlimited Bundle online with the UK/International anytime add on. The UK/International add on was free for the first three months if ordered online.

This is how I would have expected the cost breakdown

months 1 - 3: €30 (eFibre 6 month online offer + 3 month free
    UK/International add on)
    months 4 - 6: €37.50 (eFibre 6 month online offer +
    UK/International add on)
    months 7 - 18: €65:50 (all promotional offers expired)

Can someone verify that the order is as I expect?

Also, can someone verify that it is indeed eTalk anytime local & national?

Thanks very much,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lawred2 wrote: »
    Hi,

I placed an order yesterday for broadband and home phone. Got confirmation email as advised.

I ordered eFibre Unlimited Bundle online with the UK/International anytime add on. The UK/International add on was free for the first three months if ordered online.

UK/International add on)
    UK/International add on)

Thanks very much,
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

I just replied to your PM requesting your address, send this on to me and I'll request clarification on your order.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hi,

UK/International add on)
    UK/International add on)

Thanks very much,
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

I just replied to your PM requesting your address, send this on to me and I'll request clarification on your order.

Al
    Hi Alan,

PM sent.

Thanks.
    Dave

Hi,

UK/International add on)
    UK/International add on)

Thanks very much,
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

Al
    Hi Alan,

PM sent.

Thanks.
    Dave
    Thanks Dave

Al

Hi Alan,

Hope all is well.

Any update on query?

Regards,
    Dave

Hi Alan,

Hope all is well.

Any update on query?

Regards,
    Dave
    Hi lawred2

Sincere apologies for the delays, I believe you were advised of the appointment over the phone? I have still yet to have confirmation surrounding the package cost from online opps but let me chase this up for further and I'll get back to you soon - either way I'll ensure you get what you signed up for :)

Al

• Advertisement

Hi lawred2

Sincere apologies for the delays, I believe you were advised of the appointment over the phone? I have still yet to have confirmation surrounding the package cost from online opps but let me chase this up for further and I'll get back to you soon - either way I'll ensure you get what you signed up for :)

Al

Well after taking annual leave for this installation appointment, it turns out unsurprisingly that it can't be completed because the infrastructural work was only half done. Cabinet to the house is done but not enough ports back to the exchange...

And no word as to when that might be resolved..

Frustrated is not the word.

I've already called 1901 and it has been 'escalated'.. can you follow up on that please?

Hi lawred2

Al

Well after taking annual leave for this installation appointment, it turns out unsurprisingly that it can't be completed because the infrastructural work was only half done. Cabinet to the house is done but not enough ports back to the exchange...

And no word as to when that might be resolved..

Frustrated is not the word.

I've already called 1901 and it has been 'escalated'.. can you follow up on that please?
    I'm sorry to hear this lawred2

I'll look in to this and get back to you as soon as I have more information

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Any update on this?

I would expect that this would be treated as a matter of urgency at this stage by Eircom.. yet no agent of Eircom has been in touch since 11am this morning when I reported the issue...

Hi Alan,

Any update today for me?

Regards,
    Dave

Hi Alan,

Any update today for me?

Regards,
    Dave
    Not yet lawred2 - I've been advised that they hope to have an update on Monday morning though.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Any update today for me?

Regards,
    Dave
    Not yet lawred2 - I've been advised that they hope to have an update on Monday morning though.

Thanks
    Al
    Afternoon Alan,

An update as to when required work will commence/be completed? And what exactly that work is?

Hi Alan,

Any update today for me?

Regards,
    Dave

Thanks
    Al
    Afternoon Alan,

An update as to when required work will commence/be completed? And what exactly that work is?
    Hi Lawred2

Not sure if you have seen my previous post? I'll update you as soon as I have more information (I just want to assure you that the delays are not expected to be anywhere as long as your previous order for a few months ago)

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan,

Any update today for me?

Regards,
    Dave

Thanks
    Al
    Afternoon Alan,

Hi Lawred2

Not sure if you have seen my previous post? I'll update you as soon as I have more information (I just want to assure you that the delays are not expected to be anywhere as long as your previous order for a few months ago)

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Yes I saw you previous post; but reading my response back I can see why it looked like I might not have.. Sorry.

What I was asking was whether the update on Monday would contain what work needs doing, when it's expected to start and when it's expected to be completed.

I'm glad to hear that delays are not expected to be as long as previous..

Hi Alan,

Any update today for me?

Regards,
    Dave

Thanks
    Al
    Afternoon Alan,

Hi Lawred2

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Yes I saw you previous post; but reading my response back I can see why it looked like I might not have.. Sorry.

What I was asking was whether the update on Monday would contain what work needs doing, when it's expected to start and when it's expected to be completed.

I'm glad to hear that delays are not expected to be as long as previous..
    Cheers Lawred2

I do not have any of that information I'm afraid - Ultimately I'm still awaiting clarification myself and the only useful information I now have is that I have been told I should have more details on Monday. I know this is really frustrating and I'm sorry I can;t do more right now.

Thanks
    Al

I greatly appreciate that you engage with the customer Alan. I was 'promised' a callback from the 1901 CS team whether there was an update or not.. Heard zilch. Nor do I expect to.

Without yourself; the CS experience with Eircom would be dismal.

Doubt it's the first time you've heard that.

Anyway; thank you.

Hi Alan,

Just got a text from Eircom with the following content

"Your installation has been arranged for the morning of the 27th August. Should you wish to reschedule, call 1800580500 before 4PM today. Thank you, eircom"

I take it I should ignore that?

Hi Alan,

Just got a text from Eircom with the following content

"Your installation has been arranged for the morning of the 27th August. Should you wish to reschedule, call 1800580500 before 4PM today. Thank you, eircom"

I take it I should ignore that?
    Yes you can ignore that lawred2

Sorry about this,

Thanks
    Al

Any updates from networks team Alan?

No updates? On the original query? Or the needed infrastructural work?

• Advertisement

Hi lawred2

Apologies, I was not available for the past few days. I will request an update again and get back to you asap.

Thanks
    Al

Hi lawred2

Apologies, I was not available for the past few days. I will request an update again and get back to you asap.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al.. on my way home last night I passed some lads from KN who were starting the work to increase capacity at the cabinet. So looks like that should be done shortly. Still be good to get an update if there is one.

Cheers

Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al.. on my way home last night I passed some lads from KN who were starting the work to increase capacity at the cabinet. So looks like that should be done shortly. Still be good to get an update if there is one.

Cheers
    Hi lawred2

There is still no predicted or advisable date but I'll keep pushing for more information for you.

Thanks
    Al

Alan,

I appreciate that you're doing your best but two weeks is long enough to allow eircom to confirm details of the contract that they have entered into with me. (never mind failure to deliver on promised installation). Eircom have not provided me with what should be easily and readily available details.

I am now stating my intention to cancel this contract under 14 day cooling off period. Can you confirm that this order is now cancelled?

All the best,
    Dave

Hi Alan,

Can you confirm that the address to return eircom router to is

Eircom Logistics,
    Cragg Ave,
    Clondalkin,
    D24

If not; could you provide me with the correct address?

Also, can you detail which information I need to include with return? Would order number & account number be sufficient?

Thanks,
    Dave

Alan,

I appreciate that you're doing your best but two weeks is long enough to allow eircom to confirm details of the contract that they have entered into with me. (never mind failure to deliver on promised installation). Eircom have not provided me with what should be easily and readily available details.

I am now stating my intention to cancel this contract under 14 day cooling off period. Can you confirm that this order is now cancelled?

All the best,
    Dave
    Hi lawred2

Your feelings on this are certainly appropriate and I'm sorry I cannot offer better news. As the service has not be installed you will be free to cancel this at anytime, so the offer is there to give it a little longer if you wish? - Please let me know either way Dave I can still cancel if you wish.

Thanks
    Al

Alan,

All the best,
    Dave
    Hi lawred2

Your feelings on this are certainly appropriate and I'm sorry I cannot offer better news. As the service has not be installed you will be free to cancel this at anytime, so the offer is there to give it a little longer if you wish? - Please let me know either way Dave I can still cancel if you wish.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

As I said; this is no reflection on yourself. You've always been helpful and honest. Which I appreciate.

But please; can you process the cancellation as soon as possible and send me a notification when complete?

Regards,
    Dave

Alan,

All the best,
    Dave
    Hi lawred2

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

As I said; this is no reflection on yourself. You've always been helpful and honest. Which I appreciate.

But please; can you process the cancellation as soon as possible and send me a notification when complete?

Regards,
    Dave
    No problem lawred2

I'll escalate to cancellations and arrange complete closure of this order. Again I do sincerely apologise for all this.

The address you provided above it correct for return of equipment.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Do you think that this cancellation might be processed before COB today?

-Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Do you think that this cancellation might be processed before COB today?

-Dave
    I don't lawred2 - It takes up to 24Hrs to complete - and the weekend is not included in that timeframe. I will let you know as soon as it is cancelled though.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement