Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre available in my area but not my address.

Options
  • 21-08-2015 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello, 

I have just checked the efibre line check and everything says that efibre is available in my area. When i i check my neighbours house . and the Estate directly beside me they are all available. However when i check my landline it says that it is not available. Could some one check this for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello, 

I have just checked the efibre line check and everything says that efibre is available in my area. When i i check my neighbours house . and the Estate directly beside me they are all available. However when i check my landline it says that it is not available. Could some one check this for me.
    Hi Butternutz1

Please feel free to PM me your land line number and I'll look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Joe-Bloggs

I'm having the same problem. Im on a business account and have contacted eircom serval times but they can't figure it out and just tell me to wait.

I'm thinking now there must be a problem with my line but do I get eircom to come out and look at it or do I get someone else to do it?

Joe-Bloggs wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. Im on a business account and have contacted eircom serval times but they can't figure it out and just tell me to wait.

I'm thinking now there must be a problem with my line but do I get eircom to come out and look at it or do I get someone else to do it?
    Hi Joe-Bloggs

Please feel free to PM me the land line in question and I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

Pm just sent now

• Registered Users Posts: 5 billythemuffi

Pm just sent now

Same for me - says my area is fibre enabled but when I enter my number into the line checker it says e-fibre is not available to me yet. Looking to see if there is a rough timeline between getting the exchange upgraded to making fibre available to households?

• Advertisement

Hi Joe-Bloggs

Your line is served by cabinet number GTS1_001 - this has not launched for eibre yet however I have contacted the networks team who hope that the cabinet will launch i the very early part of 2016.[font=Calibri","sans-serif] efibre availability is based on the roll out of fibre cabinets - this is rather unlike regular broadband where it’s available upon exchange upgrade to all lines within a 6 to 8Km radius[/font]. You can view the location of the cabinet by following the link below and clicking on the NGA fibre broadband network map - ensuring to avail of options provided by the right hand side panel.

Thanks
    Al

Pm just sent now
    Cheers Butternutz1

I've escalated this to our networks and opps team. I expect to have a reply within 24hrs and as soon as I do I'll get right back to you.

Thanks
    Al

Guys, when the phone line comes into your building does it go straight to the main phone point, does it split to go to multiple points or does it go to an internal phone system?

Guys, when the phone line comes into your building does it go straight to the main phone point, does it split to go to multiple points or does it go to an internal phone system?
    Hi Joe-Bloggs

It all depends on the building to be honest.

If it's just a normal home/house the yes it goes straight to the main point but if it's an apartment block or place of business or offices it usually goes to a junction point then on to sockets.

An internal phone system is only usually used by businesses and if there is one there you would likely notice right away as you would usual;ly need to dial 9 or 0 to dial out and the box/PABX would be visible.

Cheers
    Al

Hi Joe-Bloggs

If it's just a normal home/house the yes it goes straight to the main point but if it's an apartment block or place of business or offices it usually goes to a junction point then on to sockets.

An internal phone system is only usually used by businesses and if there is one there you would likely notice right away as you would usual;ly need to dial 9 or 0 to dial out and the box/PABX would be visible.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Joe-Bloggs

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 billythemuffi

Think my post further up got lost:

Eircom website says my area is fibre enabled but when I enter my number into the line checker it says e-fibre is not available to me yet. Looking to see if there is a rough timeline between getting the exchange upgraded to making fibre available to households?

Hi Joe-Bloggs

Cheers
    Al
    Well i'm not in a "normal" house then. Our line comes in then splits to go to 2 points and I'm thinking this may be the cause for our line failing the test.

Hi Joe-Bloggs

Cheers
    Al
    Well i'm not in a "normal" house then. Our line comes in then splits to go to 2 points and I'm thinking this may be the cause for our line failing the test.
    Hi Joe-Bloggs

Not sure if you seen my reply in post #7 - the reason why your line is failing for efibre is because your line is served by cabinet number GTS1_001 - this has not launched for eFibre - more details above in #7

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement