Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting an apartment

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Rent of €1200 is far too cheap. I would be thinking closer to €1400-1500 depending on condition and furnishing.
    Location is an issue that brings it down slightly, not exactly central. €1200 is a median rent looking at the 2 bed apartments available on Daft in Santry at the moment. They go from 1050-1400

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

john1963 wrote: »
    hi folks,
    I have just purchased an apartment in santry as an investment property. I am wondering am I better to use letting/management agent to let it or should I do it myself?....I don't want lots of hassle but would like it to self finance
    thanks

As you only have one rental property, i would use management agency to manage your property. Although they will charge about 10pc and any work that needs to be done will be higher when using them, for the hassle and convenience when its only one property, its a no brainer.. plus everything they charge you is expansible so either way it will knock off a bit your tax bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

And they were up a ridiculous amount the previous year, we all knew it was a sharp correction / potential bubble. The market this year is turning because of the new CB rules. I'm not predicting a massive crash but apartments will reduce this year.

You bought before the New CB rules Lima, your sale was, how do we put this, well documented here :D

To be fair apt prices have shot up in the cite centre and southside, I agree there is a serious bubble there. Look at how much they are in for e.g Milltown, e450k for a 2br is insane. These will surely go down in value but there are places where apts are still going for 250k - nice places on the northside - these will probably go up

Your account has only been on here for 8 months or so - who were you before :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

lima wrote: »
    To be fair apt prices have shot up in the cite centre and southside, I agree there is a serious bubble there. Look at how much they are in for e.g Milltown, e450k for a 2br is insane. These will surely go down in value but there are places where apts are still going for 250k - nice places on the northside - these will probably go up

Your account has only been on here for 8 months or so - who were you before :)

A couple of people at this stage. The addiction is strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

Its all a risk....I bought a house in cavan in 1998 for 46000 punts....sold it in 2008 for 173000 euro.....it was for sale a few months ago for 75k and didn't sell. Highest offer was 62k. Who knows where we are in the cycle now....but 180k for a 2 bed in santry seems like a good deal to me.....but I might be wrong. I might be very wrong!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

Its all a risk....I bought a house in cavan in 1998 for 46000 punts....sold it in 2008 for 173000 euro.....it was for sale a few months ago for 75k and didn't sell. Highest offer was 62k. Who knows where we are in the cycle now....but 180k for a 2 bed in santry seems like a good deal to me.....but I might be wrong. I might be very wrong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

A couple of people at this stage. The addiction is strong.

Don't let the addiction get to you lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

Tax deductible does not equal free. It means you only discount the same percentage as you're effective tax rate

Advertisement