Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primal Quest AR

Options
  • 21-08-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

http://primalquest.org

This looks deadly! I think they're at the end of Day 2, the highlight of which was abseiling down a mountain with their bikes strapped to their backs. Team Godzone, with 3 women and 1 man making up the team, are in the lead. Or at least they were. I think they've stopped for a nap now :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

http://primalquest.org

This looks deadly! I think they're at the end of Day 2, the highlight of which was abseiling down a mountain with their bikes strapped to their backs. Team Godzone, with 3 women and 1 man making up the team, are in the lead. Or at least they were. I think they've stopped for a nap now :)

I saw the pictures of the abseil and suddenly felt silly for complaining so much about having to hike the bikes up a mountain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Enduro

PQs in the past were absolutely classic races. Of all the ARs I've done (started back in 2000), my top two were the two PQs I had the pleasure to compete in (Utah 2006, South Dakota 2009).

Numbers in this years race, and the depth of the field, is nothing like the older races unfortunatelty. Probably because there is no big financial backing in comparison. I think the organisers might have bought the name and be trying their best to revive the event, but without the original organisers.

The ropes sections in PQ tend to be outstanding. They were the highlights of the 2 I did, and that is really saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Enduro wrote: »
    PQs in the past were absolutely classic races. Of all the ARs I've done (started back in 2000), my top two were the two PQs I had the pleasure to compete in (Utah 2006, South Dakota 2009).

Numbers in this years race, and the depth of the field, is nothing like the older races unfortunatelty. Probably because there is no big financial backing in comparison. I think the organisers might have bought the name and be trying their best to revive the event, but without the original organisers.

The ropes sections in PQ tend to be outstanding. They were the highlights of the 2 I did, and that is really saying something.

Enduro, just so you know, you're my adventure racing endurance hero :). Have you ever thought about writing a book? I'm rereading Gerry Duffys Tick Tock Ten, an epic feat and a great read but you must have some amazing stories to tell and serious insight into overcoming all sorts of pain, physical and mental barriers.

I'd love to hear more about Utah and South Dakota, not to mention the other amazing feats that you've achieved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Lake Tahoe. Spent the 6 years i lived in california snowboarding there every weekend every winter, and a good few weekends of the summer there as well. incredible spot. lake at that altitude has to be seen to be believed. the IM that is there would be incredible except for the climbing. what a spot for this race

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

700ft rappel!
    Off Lovers Leap with your bike on your back!

Bloody hell the rope sections are tasty!

• Advertisement
Advertisement