Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue unresolved 4 months and counting!!

Options
  • 21-08-2015 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi, 
    I am waiting approx four months for my account details to be rectified. I posted on here in April/May about a new 18 month contract being set up, after getting an upgrade to eFibre. The communication from Eircom clearly stated that there would be no change to my existing contract/arrangements.  My bill is €47.99 per month which is constant. I just got my most recent bill, with an extra charge of €4 for excess downloading. This came as a surprise as we do not download much at all. I logged on to see that my account details had not been updated as promised in May, and also see that I now have a "limited" download allowance, whereas before I had unlimited. Can Eircom explain this? 
    I am going to cancel my account if these mistake are not rectified asap!.

See my earlier post in different thread in April below:

27.04.2015 22:15#7
     Sin1981
    blue_star_2.gif
    Exact same issue!  Eircom contacted me 3 weeks ago to offer me eFibre upgrade.  I ignored it, reason being, I spent 4 months in January - April 2014 trying to get broadband into the house. I had multiple issues with customer service, being billed with no service, overcharged for no reason. By April I was about to pull my hair out!  I simply couldn't be bothered getting the eFibre, as I did not want more Eircom incompetence and hassle.

Anyhow,  they phoned me around a week later trying to get me on board with eFibre. the agent explained there were no extra charges and   I SPECIFICALLY asked if there would be any effect to the contract length by upgrading. She said no .  I decided to opt for the eFibre.
    It was installed with no issues (shock horror) 2 weeks ago.  I logged onto myEircom today to get my latest bill, and low and behold I see that my account number has changed and I am now at the start of another 18 month contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I contacted them today. dealing with them is hell, yet again.  I am due a call back as they have to check the phone call to verify whether or not the agent explained the '18 month contract' change to me on the phone.....................................
    Anyhow OP, I feel your pain.  Good luck! :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sin1981 wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I am waiting approx four months for my account details to be rectified. I posted on here in April/May about a new 18 month contract being set up, after getting an upgrade to eFibre. The communication from Eircom clearly stated that there would be no change to my existing contract/arrangements.  My bill is €47.99 per month which is constant. I just got my most recent bill, with an extra charge of €4 for excess downloading. This came as a surprise as we do not download much at all. I logged on to see that my account details had not been updated as promised in May, and also see that I now have a "limited" download allowance, whereas before I had unlimited. Can Eircom explain this? 
    I am going to cancel my account if these mistake are not rectified asap!.

See my earlier post in different thread in April below:

27.04.2015 22:15#7
     Sin1981
    blue_star_2.gif
    Exact same issue!  Eircom contacted me 3 weeks ago to offer me eFibre upgrade.  I ignored it, reason being, I spent 4 months in January - April 2014 trying to get broadband into the house. I had multiple issues with customer service, being billed with no service, overcharged for no reason. By April I was about to pull my hair out!  I simply couldn't be bothered getting the eFibre, as I did not want more Eircom incompetence and hassle.

Anyhow,  they phoned me around a week later trying to get me on board with eFibre. the agent explained there were no extra charges and   I SPECIFICALLY asked if there would be any effect to the contract length by upgrading. She said no .  I decided to opt for the eFibre.
    It was installed with no issues (shock horror) 2 weeks ago.  I logged onto myEircom today to get my latest bill, and low and behold I see that my account number has changed and I am now at the start of another 18 month contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I contacted them today. dealing with them is hell, yet again.  I am due a call back as they have to check the phone call to verify whether or not the agent explained the '18 month contract' change to me on the phone.....................................
    Anyhow OP, I feel your pain.  Good luck! :-)
    Hi Sin1981

I have looked in to this and I see you are indeed correct.

As I have previously mentions no contract currently applies as a direct result of the investigations conducted as part of your complaint ref 1822826

In this investigation it was also found that you were also advised it would be unlimited usage.

I will arrange the refund of the excess usage and arrange for unlimited usage for the future (at no extra cost of course)

I will let you know as soon as this is arranged. Sincere apologies for this error sin1981

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sin1981

Hi Alan,

I never received a refund on my August bill, and I logged on tonight to see that my most recent bill has some additional charges (paper bill hasn't arrived so I cannot see what exactly Eircom have done this time).
    I have paid €47.99 x 2 for both bills tonight using my laser card which is the contract.

I do not intend paying any extra. Can you please look into this?

Thanks.

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Sin1981

Apologies for the delay, we have refunded the excess usage charges and requested that the package is updated for your next bill.

Sorry for any inconvenience called,

Tracey

Hi Treacy,

I have just received my latest Eir bill.  That refund you mentioned above was not applied to my account.  I am in arrears apparently, (due to Eir's incompetence), and I received a letter telling me you are going to cut my service.

Can you help?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Treacy,

I have just received my latest Eir bill.  That refund you mentioned above was not applied to my account.  I am in arrears apparently, (due to Eir's incompetence), and I received a letter telling me you are going to cut my service.

Can you help?

Thanks.
    Sorry to hear this Sin1981

Please PM me your eir account number and I'll investigate

Cheers
    Al

Hi,

Could someone please update me?  I provided my details via PM.

Thanks.

Hi,

Could someone please update me?  I provided my details via PM.

Thanks.
    Sincere apologies for the delays Sin1981

The charges for exceeding the previous usage limit have now been fully removed. Your balance is now 0.00.

Thanks
    Al

Hi again,
    unfortunately this is remains unresolved.  I signed up to Fibre last April.  The communication from Eircom clearly stated that there would be no change to my existing contract/arrangements.  My bill is €47.99 per month which is constant, and I have never been notified of any changes to this arrangement or fee.
    Since Aug/Sept Eircom started to bill me at higher base rate for the package, as well as apply extra charges for excess download.  Both of these charges are incorrect.
    You have refunded me for some of the excess downloading, however, the issue still remains that Eir are trying to charge me at a higher base rate then agreed and communicated by Eir (i.e. Eur47.99 per month including VAT), and not €53 as you are now trying to charge. I did not receive any notification form Eir that the base rate was changing, I was only told that there were "no change to my existing contract/arrangement".

Can you please look into this, and revert me to the €48 per month rate, and refund the difference to my account?  These charges are continuing to mount.

thanks.

Hi again,
    unfortunately this is remains unresolved.  I signed up to Fibre last April.  The communication from Eircom clearly stated that there would be no change to my existing contract/arrangements.  My bill is €47.99 per month which is constant, and I have never been notified of any changes to this arrangement or fee.
    Since Aug/Sept Eircom started to bill me at higher base rate for the package, as well as apply extra charges for excess download.  Both of these charges are incorrect.
    You have refunded me for some of the excess downloading, however, the issue still remains that Eir are trying to charge me at a higher base rate then agreed and communicated by Eir (i.e. Eur47.99 per month including VAT), and not €53 as you are now trying to charge. I did not receive any notification form Eir that the base rate was changing, I was only told that there were "no change to my existing contract/arrangement".

Can you please look into this, and revert me to the €48 per month rate, and refund the difference to my account?  These charges are continuing to mount.

thanks.
    Hi Sin1981

Before you upgraded to fibre you were on a cap of 30GB usage - please refer to your old bills with the account number beginning with the digit 8 at your current address. The plan with 30GB usage is 47.99 per month - you requested unlimited usage which is €53 per month and this changed when you were upgraded by Tracey.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

I am replying to this thread again, as it directly relates to the recent thread "Account cancelled - haven't received final bill?".

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I am replying to this thread again, as it directly relates to the recent thread "Account cancelled - haven't received final bill?".

thanks.
    Hi  Sin1981,

I emailed a copy of your bill to the e-mail address as requested.

-Pamela 

Advertisement