Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on 48?

Options
  • 21-08-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Thinking of moving from meteor to 48, is anyone on here familiar with it ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dara_con

I was on 48 for a number of months. I ended up moving to 3. Reason being that noce every couple of months there was a period of 3-4 hours where the network literally halted. My best mate and I were both on 48 and were locked out of calling/texting for hours.

The €10 1Gb internet deal is quite good. But when I purchased my Xperia Z2 I joined 3 mainly because of the unlimited 4G (For now) data for €20 and the better service. That being said, for the past few months I have had trouble with the signal cutting out on 3, but have recently got a text from them saying they're upgrading their network so this should improve.

Bottom line: I'm happy I moved to 3. If you're like me and use a huge amount of data go for 3. If you don't use data often 48 would be a better choice in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Not sure if it's the right section for this thread, but I'm on 48 and can only say good things about the network.
    I use their €10 membership which gives me enough data for a month (only use viber/skype etc and odd google search) and free calls for my liking.
    Never had problems with coverage(I live in Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

I live in Mayo. I've never had any problems with 48s coverage whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

dara_con wrote: »
    I was on 48 for a number of months. I ended up moving to 3. Reason being that noce every couple of months there was a period of 3-4 hours where the network literally halted. My best mate and I were both on 48 and were locked out of calling/texting for hours.

The €10 1Gb internet deal is quite good. But when I purchased my Xperia Z2 I joined 3 mainly because of the unlimited 4G (For now) data for €20 and the better service. That being said, for the past few months I have had trouble with the signal cutting out on 3, but have recently got a text from them saying they're upgrading their network so this should improve.

Bottom line: I'm happy I moved to 3. If you're like me and use a huge amount of data go for 3. If you don't use data often 48 would be a better choice in my opinion.

I'm living in cork. I use a lot of data, but meteor is either data or calls/texts. They have no good plan for both. I want to be able to use data but also be able to ring. I did see this plan €15 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

They used to go down for a few hours every few months(when my parents had o2 in the early 00s, it used to constantly drop calls on a Friday evening). But I haven't noticed it in the last 6-9 months. I dont have a single negative thing to say about them.

It uses the three network. I wouldnt bother paying the premium for the three network. Apparently the 4G band is pretty crowded and they keep adding customers.

The only thing about 48 is that its 3G only. But I still get 20mb-25mb in Dublin city with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

Yeah with meteor anyway I use 3G. It just seems so good to be true. Only €15 like seems good value and normally there is a hidden clause

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dara_con

50 minutes is nothing in my opinion. They do have an add on for €3.00 for an extra 60 minutes, but at that stage you're at €18. Might as well go for 3. €20. Unlimited any network texts. Unlimited any network weekend calls. 4G unlimited data.

Advertisement