Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a "gentle" hairdresser in Mayo

Options
  • 21-08-2015 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I've been living in Ireland for many years but I've yet to find a hairdresser who is gentle when washing hair. Most hairdressers seem to try to take your scalp off with their nails when they wash your hair. Must be something they teach them in this country? Anywhere else you get a nice massage. I would be really grateful if anyone can recommend a good hairdresser in Mayo (Swinford, Charlestown, Castlebar, Ballina...) who is not rough when washing one's hair. A bonus if they use good quality colour. Can anyone help please? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 inkdog

I don't visit the hairdressers often as I find it pretty traumatic but I have been to Bella Beauty at The Quay in Ballina and found it to be quiet and pleasant. I did not find the hairwashing to be rough so maybe give them a try. If you mention you have a sensitive scalp and ask them to be extra gentle it may ensure a better experience!!! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10 inkdog

I don't visit the hairdressers often as I find it pretty traumatic but I have been to Bella Beauty at The Quay in Ballina and found it to be quiet and pleasant. I did not find the hairwashing to be rough so maybe give them a try. If you mention you have a sensitive scalp and ask them to be extra gentle it may ensure a better experience!!! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9 woman.

thanks inkdog, I have already found someone since and I'm happy with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

If you end up wanting someone else, the girls at Addictions hair salon in Charlestown are fantastic, I always feel relaxed when I get my hair washed there :)

Advertisement