Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing a car

Options
  • 21-08-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Will you quote me for bringing in a foreign reg car (EU) for registration in Ireland? Car is standard right hand drive etc. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi Itchyness
    Thanks for your query.  Could you please PM me your phone number & a suitable time to call you and we can look into this for you?

Regards,
    Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Itchyness

Hi Itchyness
    Thanks for your query.  Could you please PM me your phone number & a suitable time to call you and we can look into this for you?

Regards,
    Lisa

Hi Lisa, spoke to a colleague of yours last week. He said he could quote me in 3 weeks when I'm 30! Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pennyduffy1

My car was originally bought and taxed and used in Ireland in 2005. I then moved it to Switzerland and had the plates changed to Swiss plates and the car registered there. I would now like to bring the same car back to Ireland and have it re-registered here. Will i be subject to VAT and Customs Duty even though the car is originally an Irish car? 

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

My car was originally bought and taxed and used in Ireland in 2005. I then moved it to Switzerland and had the plates changed to Swiss plates and the car registered there. I would now like to bring the same car back to Ireland and have it re-registered here. Will i be subject to VAT and Customs Duty even though the car is originally an Irish car? 
    Hi Pennyduffy1
    Unfortunately this is not something we could advise you on. For information regarding this try contacting the Revenue directly. Their website is www.revenue.ie. We can provide insurance cover on a vehicle with a non Republic of Ireland registration number. However the vehicle must be re-registered within 30 days of starting cover with us.
    Regards

Seán

Advertisement