Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Eircom confirm my usage (myeircom is incorrect)

Options
  • 21-08-2015 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I just raised a fault via myeircom but there wasn't an appropriate issue type.

On August 17th my usage chart on myeircom shot up from around 10G to over 80G. I have nothing connected that could account for that. I shut down my router until this is resolved. I  checked again today and the chart is back to around 10G (and shows no usage after the 18th) but the "total downloads this month" still reads in excess of 80G so the chart and the text don't match.

What's the right way to contact Eircom to have this looked at?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

starfry wrote: »

On August 17th my usage chart on myeircom shot up from around 10G to over 80G. I have nothing connected that could account for that. I shut down my router until this is resolved. I  checked again today and the chart is back to around 10G (and shows no usage after the 18th) but the "total downloads this month" still reads in excess of 80G so the chart and the text don't match.

Thanks.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi starfry
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I have just had confirmation that there is a display problem on the summary page.  If you click into the current month it will show the stats up to the previous day without the spike at the end. This issues has been formally identified and we're hoping to have this resolved soon.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Apologies for the inconvenience this has created starfry[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 26 starfry

Thanks.

Hi starfry

I have just had confirmation that there is a display problem on the summary page.  If you click into the current month it will show the stats up to the previous day without the spike at the end. This issues has been formally identified and we're hoping to have this resolved soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has created starfry

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al. But what does that mean - is the spike real or not ? If it's real then can I find out what its cause is? I don't have anything connected that I would expect to download 80G in one day.

Thanks.

Hi starfry

I have just had confirmation that there is a display problem on the summary page.  If you click into the current month it will show the stats up to the previous day without the spike at the end. This issues has been formally identified and we're hoping to have this resolved soon.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al. But what does that mean - is the spike real or not ? If it's real then can I find out what its cause is? I don't have anything connected that I would expect to download 80G in one day.
    The spike is not a real reflection of usage starfry - this is a dispay problem currently being looked in to

Thanks
    Al

Thanks.

Hi starfry

Thanks
    Al
    The spike is not a real reflection of usage starfry - this is a dispay problem currently being looked in to

Thanks
    Al
    Does that mean that the value displayed were the Eircom screen says "Total Downloads to date this month" is incorrect ? That's showing 84GB.

Thanks.

Hi starfry

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Does that mean that the value displayed were the Eircom screen says "Total Downloads to date this month" is incorrect ? That's showing 84GB.
    Yes, although everything is correct up until the Spike

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Hi starfry

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Lovely, thanks for clarifying Al. I guess it'll correct itself in a few days...

Thanks.

Hi starfry

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Lovely, thanks for clarifying Al. I guess it'll correct itself in a few days...
    Cheers starfry

We are hoping to have this resolved in the next few days

Al

Hi Al, what's the status of this issue do you know?
    I have just received a bill with an excess charge on it. The router has been powered off since August 17th.
    The Eircom screen is still showing the excessive usage but it isn't reflected in the graph. Now my bill is wrong too...
    Thanks.

Advertisement