Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Airport - pics and chat

Options
  • 13-08-2015 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Beautiful Aircraft at Galway Airport today

20150813_145216_zpscwls462j.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Thanks aerohead...any idea who it was for? Multinational bigwigs perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

I am sure its a business jet but it would make a great passenger aircraft, great to see a big jet in Galway, thanks for posting the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

Irish water big wigs are in to check on meter install progress

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Notch000 wrote: »
    Irish water big wigs are in to check on meter install progress

Theres always one.

Saw it taking off towards the city around 3:45 yesterday, was very confused as to where it was coming from or what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Great to see that the Airport is open for business jets and private flyers, I see they are refuelling the Air Corps and Coastguard helicopters as well now which is great, lets hope as time goes on things will only get better for the Airport. brilliant picture thanks for posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Wasn't the bould Enda over at HP yestetday at the opening of an envelope or something ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Another nice aircraft that was at Galway Airport was this Piaggio P-180 Avanti
    thanks to n94504/jetphotos.net for the picture

untitled_zpswhf8kvde.png

From todays City Tribune, great to see aircraft operating from there again, wonder will there be any hope of scheduled service back again, surely the powers that be that own the Airport should be knocking on the door of the Minister for transport now that he has announced major funding for Airports both Regional and the main ones.

Capture_zps4jyfmqga.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Storm 10 wrote: »
    From todays City Tribune

Hey isn't that Aerohead's photo from the other thread?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057476805/1/#post96601624

I really hope it gets some funding anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Hey isn't that Aerohead's photo from the other thread?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057476805/1/#post96601624

I really hope it gets some funding anyway.

Yes it's mine very dissapointed they did not give me credit for it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Aerohead wrote: »

Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Heard a load noise out that direction around 7pm. What jet was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Do they have a Facebook Page? Has anyone linked the pic. so that the Facebook population can see where it came from and that they didn't even give you a mention. Lousy sh1tty thing to do. Not cool C.T. Not cool at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Aerohead wrote: »
    Invoice the <careful now>.

The Tribune have gone the way of the Advertiser these days for lifting material from here. One particular plagiarist there hung an op-ed piece recently around quotes lifted directly from another thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Certainly great news for the Airport with passenger traffic back again, small numbers but its a start. hope Aer Arann can get over this I could never understand why they moved from Galway Airport its so much closer to the City especially now with the better roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Certainly great news for the Airport with passenger traffic back again, small numbers but its a start. hope Aer Arann can get over this I could never understand why they moved from Galway Airport its so much closer to the City especially now with the better roads.

I assume the trade off was much lower fuel bills flying to the airport in Inverin.

Aer Arran will close down once the contract is gone.

I assume the trade off was much lower fuel bills flying to the airport in Inverin.

Aer Arran will close down once the contract is gone.

Yeah I bet the price will go up. Much longer distance and helicopters aren't as fuel efficient. It mentions only one flight per day too. I can see why the islanders are upset.

I'm glad the airport is getting some business but sad it had to be at the expense of Aer Arann Islands (which is completely unconnected to the Aer Arann that operates Aer Lingus Regional these days)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

Now that they have lost the Aran Islands service I just wonder is there an opportunity here for Aer Arann , could they not re-start Galway to Dublin service and see how that would work out, surely there would be a market for them to lock onto and keep the airline going and who knows expand by getting rid of the Islander aircraft and getting one larger one for Galway to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Chicken1 wrote: »
    Now that they have lost the Aran Islands service I just wonder is there an opportunity here for Aer Arann , could they not re-start Galway to Dublin service and see how that would work out, surely there would be a market for them to lock onto and keep the airline going and who knows expand by getting rid of the Islander aircraft and getting one larger one for Galway to Dublin.

The only way I could see that working would be if they flew to Weston. If it's Dublin Airport, with the time to queue, park etc. it's quicker to drive to or from Galway.

?Cee?view wrote: »
    The only way I could see that working would be if they flew to Weston. If it's Dublin Airport, with the time to queue, park etc. it's quicker to drive to or from Galway.

But at least at Dublin you can transfer to an onward journey. Getting from Weston to Dublin airport would be slow and expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

But at least at Dublin you can transfer to an onward journey. Getting from Weston to Dublin airport would be slow and expensive.

True. Two different markets I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

From todays City Tribune, great to see aircraft operating from there again, wonder will there be any hope of scheduled service back again, surely the powers that be that own the Airport should be knocking on the door of the Minister for transport now that he has announced major funding for Airports both Regional and the main ones.

Capture_zps4jyfmqga.png

In my opinion, it doesn't stand a lot of chance of getting scheduled flights back when the likes of Galway County Council pledge €1.5 million to Knock airport and ignore Galway! I really don't see the local support for it sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

vulcan57 wrote: »
    In my opinion, it doesn't stand a lot of chance of getting scheduled flights back when the likes of Galway County Council pledge €1.5 million to Knock airport and ignore Galway! I really don't see the local support for it sadly.

And there shouldn't be! Real gombeen politics subsiding 2 airports which can't stand on their own if they are both open and competing against each other. Leave one open and it might have a chance surviving snd thriving without tax backing

If they get that kind of taxpayer's money they shouldn't be ripping us off with that tenner as well (not to mention the extra delay it causes).

If they get that kind of taxpayer's money they shouldn't be ripping us off with that tenner as well (not to mention the extra delay it causes).

Yes and I paid 44 euro for a weeks car parking there, total rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Yeah I bet the price will go up. Much longer distance and helicopters aren't as fuel efficient. It mentions only one flight per day too. I can see why the islanders are upset.

I'm glad the airport is getting some business but sad it had to be at the expense of Aer Arann Islands (which is completely unconnected to the Aer Arann that operates Aer Lingus Regional these days)
    That company was sold off and now calls itself Stobart Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Why would the council invest 1.5million in an airport to which there's no reliable public transport connection from any of the main population centres in Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Why would the council invest 1.5million in an airport to which there's no reliable public transport connection from any of the main population centres in Galway?

It would not be even slightly difficult to make a public transport connection, though.

Advertisement