Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Law Graduate - thinking of moving Canada

Options
  • 21-08-2015 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I applied for a Canadian visa a few months back and have since been notified that my application was successful. I've started reading up on Vancouver as I have friends there but I'm very concerned about my chances of gaining employment in Canada. I have a degree in Irish Law. I graduated last year but have since continued to work for a sales company that employed me while I was in college. and, therefore, I have no experience working in a field related to my degree yet.

As most here are aware, the cost of living in Canada is quite high. I have savings which would last me for a few months over there but now I'm wondering now if there's any point in going as I'd imagine it would be difficult enough to get legal work in Canada even if I did have experience. I would be seeking an entry level position but I'm really not sure I'd have a chance.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but said I would just on the off-chance that someone who knows more might see it and be able to advise on whether or not I should pursue a career in Canada.

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement