Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newlands Cross Flyover / Traffic Lights

Options
  • 21-08-2015 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place. Has anyone noticed how dangerous the traffic lights are at the Newlands Cross Flyover? I have watched many drivers mistake the signals and there is going to be a tragic accident one day. There seems to be three sets of traffic light you can see if you are coming from Belgard Road to Fonthill Road and vice versa. Many times I have seen drivers see the second set of lights turn green and they drive straight across, even though the first set of lights for those drivers are still red. Its just instinct to go when you see a green light. I regularly see it happen, and was almost caught out myself when the lights were first installed. If you know what can happen you can anticipate, but if you aren't familiar with the lights you can instinctively go on green, and get creamed by a truck coming up the Naas Road from the city. It was always a dangerous junction but I believe its more dangerous now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Happened again this morning. I'm terrified there will be a horrific crash at that flyover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Two years and hundreds of thousands of traffic movements and I can't remember an accident happening yet.

Maybe any motorists having any issues need to keep their eyes open and understand the fairly good traffic light system in place.

I drive through it 2-3 times a week and can't see any issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Fair enough, if you haven't seen any cars driving across against a red light. Wait till you do, it is very scary.

Advertisement