Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing faults timeline

Options
  • 21-08-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Posting this on behalf of my folks, probably too late to do anything at this point but gets it out there.

Is it usual to have long delays to get someone out to check a fault. My folks made a fault report on the broadband this morning, after it went last night. No contact during the day after that and they eventually ran up customer support to see what the story is.

Lovely chap they dealt wwith on the phone. However despite noting there was a fault, they were told no one would be out till Monday or even Tuesday to look at it, thus leaving them without broadband access all weekend.

Faults happen, that I understand. But have to say its surprising that a company that looks after the lines have issues getting someone to look at fixing a fault in a timely manner. Particularly when the fault is reported early in the say. I know you probably only count the workung day total, but it will leave them without the internet for at least three full days (including all today) if not up to four and five days. It's a little annoying to say the least when certain household tech requires broadband access.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

racersedge wrote: »
    Posting this on behalf of my folks, probably too late to do anything at this point but gets it out there.

Is it usual to have long delays to get someone out to check a fault. My folks made a fault report on the broadband this morning, after it went last night. No contact during the day after that and they eventually ran up customer support to see what the story is.

Lovely chap they dealt wwith on the phone. However despite noting there was a fault, they were told no one would be out till Monday or even Tuesday to look at it, thus leaving them without broadband access all weekend.

Faults happen, that I understand. But have to say its surprising that a company that looks after the lines have issues getting someone to look at fixing a fault in a timely manner. Particularly when the fault is reported early in the say. I know you probably only count the workung day total, but it will leave them without the internet for at least three full days (including all today) if not up to four and five days. It's a little annoying to say the least when certain household tech requires broadband access.
    Hi racersedge

I am genuinely sorry to hear that this will have such a negative impact. I can confirm that eircoms universal service obligation holds a 3 to four working day repair timeframe. COMREG, the communications regulator have ruled that all faults should be resolved within 10 working days - more details can be found here: http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp

Thanks

Al

Advertisement