Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order

Options
  • 21-08-2015 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi I forgot to lodge money today for a standing order due out on Monday. If I lodge Money first thing on Monday morning will the standing order still go through.Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi I forgot to lodge money today for a standing order due out on Monday. If I lodge Money first thing on Monday morning will the standing order still go through.Thanks.
    Hi Littlemonkey15,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Once there is sufficient funds lodged to an account on the morning a standing order is due, it should not be returned unpaid. Standing orders will represent for payment throughout the day.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Littlemonkey15

Hi,
    If a standing order is due on a Saturday and there is insufficient funds in bank account. If funds are there then lodged in on a Monday morning would the unpaid fee still apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi,
    If a standing order is due on a Saturday and there is insufficient funds in bank account. If funds are there then lodged in on a Monday morning would the unpaid fee still apply.
    Hi Littlemonkey15,

Thanks for getting in touch on Boards.ie.

As Saturday was a non-working day, the standing order will be taken on the next working day. This week, due to the bank holiday this would be today. The unpaid fee should not apply, please keep an eye on your account and you should see the standing order going out. This is based on the funds reaching the account on time and also being cleared. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement