Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registration Help - Business/Commerce Degree (Online)

• 21-08-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

I've got offered the above course and have accepted the offer online today and paid the €485 deposit.

After I got an automated email from Admissions welcoming me to NUIG and it also contained my Student Number.

It said the next thing to do was to register using my student number and as on the website the generic temporary password galwayddmm

However when I put in the details it says credentials not recognised.

Anyone have any idea?

I'm thinking maybe as I only accepted today the system may need to to update...

I'm just excited about starting and want to register and what not !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Congrats on getting your course! :)

I think you might be entering the wrong password when trying to register:
    Enter your student no/CAO no first then your password which is the word ‘Galway’ followed by the first 4 digits of your date of birth (in format ddmm)
    e.g. galway3101

Try that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Lumi wrote: »
    Congrats on getting your course! :)

I think you might be entering the wrong password when trying to register:
    Enter your student no/CAO no first then your password which is the word ‘Galway’ followed by the first 4 digits of your date of birth (in format ddmm)
    e.g. galway3101

Try that

Hey !

Thanks for your reply !

Yeah kept trying but still no good! It's just annoying me haha!

I've sent reghelp an email anyway so hopefully it will be sorted Monday :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

If anyone else in in the same boat as I was , it worked today to register, just probably took time for the system to update when I accepted the offer :-). It also allowed me to login to my campus account to see my email address... However it still won't let me log into student email or blackboard but I guess after registering and setting up my campus account it probably take the system another 24hours to update.

Hope this helps anyone else who have the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

you wont be able to log into email or blackboard until you are registered. Reghelp are useless in getting back, I would ring IT services they will sort it quicker 091493399

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mischief managed

There was a technical problem with registration for the commerce class, i had the same problem and rang them up, they explained and said that the system should be fixed by the next day (22nd i think)
    Also, I couldnt sign up for my campus account either, even after i managed to register for the class ?? Not sure what the problem there is tho :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement