Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Newcastle Match Thread 22/8/15 k/o 12.45 BT1

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

niallo27 wrote: »
    Just one of them days for Utd. I actually think they will go close enough to winning the title. They are no where near the force they used to be but the league isn't as strong either.

United were dreadful in all three matches, this performance actually being their best one.

Rooney was terrible in every single game, Depay looks a bit like a headless chicken, Mata was okay but still a bit crap overall. Nobody better on the bench, unless united buy some world class attackers they'll be nowhere near winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Oranage2 wrote: »
    United were dreadful in all three matches, this performance actually being their best one.

Rooney was terrible in every single game, Depay looks a bit like a headless chicken, Mata was okay but still a bit crap overall. Nobody better on the bench, unless united buy some world class attackers they'll be nowhere near winning the league.

They have 7 points though. Arsenal have been poor, Liverpool very poor. Chelsea only have 1 point. City are the only team that look decent. I dont see why they can't go close.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Trilla wrote: »
    Well done

Thanks. For what? Pointing out an over reaction?

No problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Only 1 of the top 4 from last year seems to be firing on all cyclinders, only 2 of those teams have improved their squads a significant amount. extremely early to be calling who will be near the league or not.

We are looking like getting third comfortably though which means no pesky qualifiers next season.

niallo27 wrote: »
    They have 7 points though. Arsenal have been poor, Liverpool very poor. Chelsea only have 1 point. City are the only team that look decent. I dont see why they can't go close.

Firstly, Liverpool aren't going to challenge so I don't know why you've included them in your list, united have seven points playing two teams that were nearly relegated last season.

united have seven points playing two teams that were nearly relegated last season.

If we can continue to get 7 points out of 2 games I think we could really challenge this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

If we can continue to get 7 points out of 2 games I think we could really challenge this season

Only UTD could get 7 points from 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Firstly, Liverpool aren't going to challenge so I don't know why you've included them in your list, united have seven points playing two teams that were nearly relegated last season.

I was just including teams that have challenged for the league in the last few years. I shouldn't really have included arsenal either so. They beat them two teams. They might have played poor but the got the result.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA TA HA HA HA, thats hilarious....... NOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Can't see united getting beyond fourth, Rooney's goose is cooked.

• Advertisement

Lol I was only replying to what you said, I could have been rude and pointed out how stupid it was but I said I'd try be nice to you. ;)

Lol I was only replying to what you said, I could have been rude and pointed out how stupid it was but I said I'd try be nice to you. ;)

Anyway peace brah, nothing is going to ruin this result for me, great start to the weekend.

Anyway peace brah, nothing is going to ruin this result for me, great start to the weekend.

Cool fair enough. Congrats on the resut hopefully ye wont struggle for relegation like ye did last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Darmian the best right back on the planet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Can't for the life of me understand why Herrera is not getting game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Newcastle deserved their point.

We are very poor in the final third.

Shaw is going to be a superstar.

:eek: Ya What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:eek: Ya What?

Whats so shocking about that? I reckon he'll be an excellent FB in 3 years or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

mwah mwah mwah x x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

callaway92 wrote: »
    Couldn't be more obvious that Scholes had a fine chunk of money bet on Man U in that match.

Imagine you are Scholes though.

He was in teams that would've threw everything at it from all angles to win.

This is a dour (if effective at times) version of Utd, and contrary to the 'philosophy' he was reared on.

He must wonder how this has happened in the space of a couple of years.

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Whats so shocking about that? I reckon he'll be an excellent FB in 3 years or so

Excellent full back in 3 years yes that is a fair opinion to have. For me superstar fullbacks are few and far between,he's no Maldini for example and never will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Excellent full back in 3 years yes that is a fair opinion to have. For me superstar fullbacks are few and far between,he's no Maldini for example and never will be.

Lotto numbers please, Meg.

Lotto numbers please, Meg.

Holy sweet mother divine,i can definitively say without any doubt whatsoever he will never be as good as Maldini was at his best,if he ever gets there hunt me down and i will buy you a house and car of your choice and you won't have to worry about the lotto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Holy sweet mother divine,i can definitively say without any doubt whatsoever he will never be as good as Maldini was at his best,if he ever gets there hunt me down and i will buy you a house and car of your choice and you won't have to worry about the lotto.

In fairness, you're focusing too much on the word superstar. It doesn't take away from his point that he really rates Shaw and he's right to. He's a quality left back. I'd have loved Liverpool to have signed him when he was at Southampton.

He had a tough first season but he looks to be settling in at the club now and i have no doubt he'll be one of the best left backs in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Lawro? Is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Can't for the life of me understand why Herrera is not getting game time
    It bothers me as well. He is probably scratching his head on what he has to do to get a starting place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Not that I disagree with you, but who else do you put on Maldinis level in a more modern context? Say for example Ashley Cole at his prime, where would he rate?

Not that I disagree with you, but who else do you put on Maldinis level in a more modern context? Say for example Ashley Cole at his prime, where would he rate?

I rated Ashley Cole highly still wouldn't have him at that kind of level but as someone already mentioned i might've overly focussed on the wording of the original comment because there's a fair chance Shaw will be excellent in a few seasons time with progression..

Cafu probably the most recent one i'd have anywhere near Maldinis level and he was Maldinis generation too i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Self appraisal might

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Pot, kettle.

Advertisement