If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" 4K TV

Options
  • 21-08-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi guys - long time admirer - finally ready to purchase.

Looking for a 55" 4K TV, with decent upscaleing - smart is good but not critical as my broadband is only decent. Would appreciate a few options - at the lower end of the price spectrum :)

Picture quality (again mostly SD and perhaps some HD via sat) via upscaleing is prob most important.

Oh - also if you think it makes a difference - TV will be placed in a V bright room.

Thanks for this in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

skeating wrote: »
    Hi guys - long time admirer - finally ready to purchase.

Looking for a 55" 4K TV, with decent upscaleing - smart is good but not critical as my broadband is only decent. Would appreciate a few options - at the lower end of the price spectrum :)

Picture quality (again mostly SD and perhaps some HD via sat) via upscaleing is prob most important.

Oh - also if you think it makes a difference - TV will be placed in a V bright room.

Thanks for this in advance.
    Hi Skeating, many thanks for your post

For a 55" 4k set there are a few models worth looking at

Firstly, the LG 55UF770 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201296-55uf770v.aspx - at £899/€1399 - This is an instore only model, so not available for shipping, but is the entry level 4k 55", a great tv for the money - 55"4k Smart LED

Up from that is the Panasonic TX55CX680 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201325-viera-tx55cx680b.aspx - at £999/€1449 - includes free delivery- 55" 4k smart LDED 

Next is the samsung UE55JU6400 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201274-ue55ju6400.aspx - at£1099/€1489 - again a 55" 4k Smart LED

Of the 3 models above, personally I'd say the panasonic is the best picture quality and would be the one to go for normally, but if your room is particularly bright, the samsung would probably suffer the least with glare etc. Unfortunately glare from a bright room will be an issue with pretty much all TVs to be honest

Have a look at those, or browse through the other models, and let me know if you have any other queries

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skeating

Thx Brian, do they all upscale equally ?

None of the sets truly upscale to 4k, but again out of the 3 the Panasonic would have the best picture quality for 1080p and 4k. you wont really be able to improve SD signal to be honest

Cheers

None of the sets truly upscale to 4k, but again out of the 3 the Panasonic would have the best picture quality for 1080p and 4k. you wont really be able to improve SD signal to be honest

Cheers
    Ok - thank you.

Due to position in the room i need a TV with a satellite tuner - i would appreciate your opinion on the sony [font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]KDL48W705CBU - or anything along those lines that you would recommend ?[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks in advance[/font]

Cheers
    Ok - thank you.

Due to position in the room i need a TV with a satellite tuner - i would appreciate your opinion on the sony [font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]KDL48W705CBU - or anything along those lines that you would recommend ?[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks in advance[/font]
    HI skeating, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Yea that is a great tv and one I would recommend, and one of the few at that price range with a satellite tuner included (tho won't pick up Freesat HD channels as far as I'm aware) - €748 including 6 year warranty and delivery

Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement

OK - thank you for responding.

would you price match ? currys/DID/powercity are all approx 719.

I would require a wall bracket as well - would appreciate if you have any suggestions ?

I would require a wall bracket as well - would appreciate if you have any suggestions ?

If you are looking just to fix it flat on the wall, there is the Sanus VML5 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200142-vml5.aspx?swapstore=1 - at €39.95
    or if you're looking for a swivel bracket, the sanus VLF311 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200138-vlf311.aspx?swapstore=1 - at €189

OK - thank you for responding.

would you price match ? currys/DID/powercity are all approx 719.
    With regards to price match, it has to be a like for like basis. Currys and power city both charge €19.95 for delivery whereas our price includes delivery at€748 so I can agree to pricematch at the €738 
    Both of these have the standard 5 year warranty whereas we provide a 6 year warranty but I will agree to match that price giving you an extra year warranty for free :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.