Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating issue in house !

Options
  • 21-08-2015 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I have a problem with heating in the house I'm renting. When I put the oil burner on to heat water or house !!! The hot tank starts banging straight away. So I'm thinking air locked or something???? If I put rads on their full of air so I bleed them. But the issue keeps happening. What's wrong and how do I fix it ??
    I have tried landlord about getting a plumber but still not happening !! Any help would be great ? Do I need a plumber or something I can fix myself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

marty555 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have a problem with heating in the house I'm renting. When I put the oil burner on to heat water or house !!! The hot tank starts banging straight away. So I'm thinking air locked or something???? If I put rads on their full of air so I bleed them. But the issue keeps happening. What's wrong and how do I fix it ??
    I have tried landlord about getting a plumber but still not happening !! Any help would be great ? Do I need a plumber or something I can fix myself

Whats the pressure of the hot tank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Honestly I have not a clue

Go to where the hot tank is, next to it there should be a gauge of some sort. What number is the dial pointing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just get the landlord to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭marty555

Water tanks are all fine. It just sounds like their is air in the system somewhere. As for the landlord tried contacting him he keeps saying he will get someone! I would rather just sort it myself if it's possible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Water tanks are all fine. It just sounds like their is air in the system somewhere. [..]

If the smaller tank is full it should be keeping the system topped up automatically. Make sure the valve on the pipe from the small tank that connects to the pipes on the heating system is fully open. Turn off all the rads except the one at the highest point. Run the system to push the air to the rad and vent it. Do the same with all the other rads, working through them one at a time.

• Advertisement

Rad at the highest point ? 2 story house with the hot press and hot tank up stairs. So do I just pick any rad on second floor and start their ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Rad at the highest point ? 2 story house with the hot press and hot tank up stairs. So do I just pick any rad on second floor and start their ??

Pick any to start with, but you might need to go around the entire system more than once if there is that much air in the system.

Cool. Thanks for advice. I'll try that and see how I get on !

Advertisement