Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW3 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

djPSB wrote: »
    23 points with Haidara to come off the bench with an additional 5 points and captain Aguero, Silva, Kompany and Benteke to go.

Overall rank of 263, I'm in uncharted waters!

Don't kill the messenger, but Haidara is at the end of your bench.

Gomez is first to come;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

zarquon wrote: »
    So you missed Shaw's red card and Payet's brace? :eek:

Aaaah Late CPL goal cost me about 10 points!!

Always nice when your defence chip in with a couple of goals. Unfortunately the one in my team put it in his own net and the one on my bench in the opposition's.

4 goals in my team though.

38 from 8 with Aguero (c), Kolarov and Alexis to play. No idea yet if thats good or not. If Kolarov is to get rotated this would be a good week to do it as Martin is first sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

These new DC Comic ads on the FPL site are really annoying. Everywhere i look all i can see is this

Green_Arrow_v3_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »

Always nice when your defence chip in with a couple of goals. Unfortunately the one in my team put it in his own net and the one on my bench in the opposition's.

38 from 8 with Aguero (c), Kolarov and Alexis to play. No idea yet if thats good or not. If Kolarov is to get rotated this would be a good week to do it as Martin is first sub.

As you know it really depends on City, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal's performances:D

Anytime I see 4-5 points per player I am happy:D

Aguero can make a huge difference this week and turn the rankings over a bit.

34 from 6 here. Same players as you to play along with Courtois and Silva. A big game from Silva and CS for Chelsea will make a big difference as they seem to be good differentials within the cash leagues. Double CPL was risky. I have Ward so McCarthy won't be seeing any game time. I'm happy enough with Courtois as my keeper for now. May change to West Brom Keeper in a couple of months once Foster is back.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    As you know it really depends on City, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal's performances:D

Anytime I see 4-5 points per player I am happy:D

Aguero can make a huge difference this week and turn the rankings over a bit.

Yeah its a 42k gw score but so many big hitters to play. Rather be lookin at em than lookin for em though. Up from 955k to 174k but all downhill tomorrow.

No more than modest returns from Chelsea and Benteke needed.

34 from 6 here. Same players as you to play along with Courtois and Silva. A big game from Silva and CS for Chelsea will make a big difference as they seem to be good differentials within the cash leagues. Double CPL was risky. I have Ward so McCarthy won't be seeing any game time. I'm happy enough with Courtois as my keeper for now. May change to West Brom Keeper in a couple of months once Foster is back.

Didn't go by cs odds gw1. Left 11 points on bench.

Went with cs odds today. Palace were very low odds. Left 7 on the bench and picked up an og.

Shoulda probably spread my risk all right but gotta call that late og as bad luck.

Yeah its a 42k gw score but so many big hitters to play. Rather be lookin at em than lookin for em though. Up from 955k to 174k but all downhill tomorrow.

No more than modest returns from Chelsea and Benteke needed.

Don't be too sure about falling. An aguero goal will probably see you rise. A good chunk of those above you either don't have aguero or have gone for alternative captains.

Don't be too sure about falling. An aguero goal will probably see you rise. A good chunk of those above you either don't have aguero or have gone for alternative captains.

Its those behind me with Ivan, Hazard, Courtois, Silva and Benteke I'm worried about.

Its those behind me with Ivan, Hazard, Courtois, Silva and Benteke I'm worried about.

In particular, you should be very worried about those behind you with Silva and Courtois ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Up from 1.3m to 300,000. These early season monster rankings jumps/falls are always crazy. Really looking forward to tomorrows games now, though Chelsea scare me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cold sweat when Hazard takes the pitch tomorrow, may not even watch the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

26 from 4 today so really pleased
    Clean sheet for Southampton and a good return for Mane is my wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

28 with Kun(c) yaya sagna Sanchez and myhill go to. Could really do with a Chelsea shut out and myhill being be the hero along with yaya and Kun doing the business tomorrow. Green arrows in all my leagues so decent day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

dahat wrote: »
    Cold sweat when Hazard takes the pitch tomorrow, may not even watch the game!

I could really do with a performance from him, already have enough heavy hitter problems

I could really do with a performance from him, already have enough heavy hitter problems

1 goal for Hazard once Coutouis gets a CS, settle on that? No BP's though.

dahat wrote: »
    1 goal for Hazard once Coutouis gets a CS, settle on that? No BP's though.

5 points or above and I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If Hazard blanks tomorrow he'll probably drop £0.2m. He was extremely close to a drop tonight (97.3%) but will scrape through. No doubt he'll be back in my team in the near future so I'd love that price drop.

If I had him I'd be thinking "Chelsea in awful form, going away to a Pulis side, I can't see them getting much joy in an attacking sense", but since I don't have him I am bricking it. Double figure haul on the way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

After WC ...up from a miserable 2.6m to 1.5 m with 38 pts so will take that,Capt Kun to come tomorrow.

Diouf worked out well today;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Feeling better about my team after watching MOTD
    Ayew was unlucky a couple of times and I still prefer him to Gomis.
    Depay had chances in the first half and looks the best option from Utd attack.
    Annoyed about Souare's o.g but he'll be on my bench most of the time anyway, so not worried about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

spock. wrote: »
    Feeling better about my team after watching MOTD
    Ayew was unlucky a couple of times and I still prefer him to Gomis.
    Depay had chances in the first half and looks the best option from Utd attack.
    Annoyed about Souare's o.g but he'll be on my bench most of the time anyway, so not worried about him.

Just watched it there myself. I thought Mata looked a better option than Depay from the highlights tbh. Seems to have been more involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

what was shaqiri like yday?
    nice fixtures and a quality player for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

km79 wrote: »
    what was shaqiri like yday?
    nice fixtures and a quality player for the price

From the highlights, he didn't seem to do much bar the assist which was from a free kick after a handball by Brady.

Stoke looked to be under pressure for alot of the match. Butland made some good saves to get them the point.

Shaqiri was interviewed by MoTD post match and commented that he got tired in the heat. Seemed to be saying he was working his way to match fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Paully D wrote: »
    If Hazard blanks tomorrow he'll probably drop £0.2m. He was extremely close to a drop tonight (97.3%) but will scrape through. No doubt he'll be back in my team in the near future so I'd love that price drop.

Exactly what I'm hoping for. A nice blank from him today and Sánchez to score. Anyone that still has Hazard to jump ship. I already have a plan to include hazard without sacrificing Silva and Sánchez. Wilson doing well yesterday also makes it easier as I've no rush to get rid of him and he should be good for some price rises. And if Yaya continues to score good downgrading Silva to him allows me to keep a good defense.

This game must help with battling amnesia. Thinking weeks in advance about a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,255 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm worried about Hazard, but not that fearful for some reason.

My rivals don't have Silva like I do, and I'd be far worried if I was them.

No Hazard, no Silva but its Hazard that worries me really.

A brace from Aguero today would help me alot in some of my leagues. It's early i know but points gained from a high scoring captain i wont refuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Would 1-1 in the Chelsea game, with nothing for Hazard, be a bit too much to ask for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Chelsea team v West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC
    Pedro starts!!

Albion v @ChelseaFC: Myhill, Dawson, McAuley, Olsson, Brunt, McManaman, Morrison, Fletcher (c), Yacob, McClean, Rondon. #WBA #CFC #COYB #BPL

Chelsea team v West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC
    Albion v @ChelseaFC: Myhill, Dawson, McAuley, Olsson, Brunt, McManaman, Morrison, Fletcher (c), Yacob, McClean, Rondon. #WBA #CFC #COYB #BPL

• Advertisement

Olsson's on my radar now as a 4.5m option into Pulisball

Advertisement