Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iSight Camera Replacement Program for iPhone 6 Plus

• 22-08-2015 7:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Apple has determined that, in a small percentage of iPhone 6 Plus devices, the iSight camera has a component that may fail causing your photos to look blurry.

An iSight Camera Replacement Program for iPhone 6 Plus has been launched to replace the rear camera of iPhone 6 Plus units affected. The affected units fall into a limited serial number range and were sold primarily between September 2014 and January 2015.

If your iPhone 6 Plus is in working order and exhibits a blurry photo problem, use the serial number checker at the link below to see if it is eligible for this program. You can contact Apple Technical support or take the device into an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store to have the camera replaced.

Mine is one that is affected so I will be sending it off next week.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-isightcamera/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Apple has determined that, in a small percentage of iPhone 6 Plus devices, the iSight camera has a component that may fail causing your photos to look blurry.

An iSight Camera Replacement Program for iPhone 6 Plus has been launched to replace the rear camera of iPhone 6 Plus units affected. The affected units fall into a limited serial number range and were sold primarily between September 2014 and January 2015.

If your iPhone 6 Plus is in working order and exhibits a blurry photo problem, use the serial number checker at the link below to see if it is eligible for this program. You can contact Apple Technical support or take the device into an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store to have the camera replaced.

Mine is one that is affected so I will be sending it off next week.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-isightcamera/

mine is also one of the affected , have you sent yours back yet? i'm interested how long it will take to get it replaced

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I dont have a iPhone 6 plus but I tried it any way.

Got the following:
    The serial number you entered is not eligible under this program because either:
    - It’s not in the affected serial number range.
    - Our records show that your iSight camera has already been replaced.
    - Our records show it’s no longer eligible for a free replacement under this program. If you have questions, please contact Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭zeromedic

Mine going back too. Just off the phone to a nice lady in Apple and she says its for express replacement. However long that takes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Im eligible too, just finished with the live chat, going for the standard shipping option and it takes 3-7 business days in total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Simply Red wrote: »
    Im eligible too, just finished with the live chat, going for the standard shipping option and it takes 3-7 business days in total

Afternoon,

I was onto Apple Chat last night and arranged for express replacement. The express replacement is free of charge. I should have courier with package tomorrow, as express states 2 business days.

They are also going to check my front facing camera, as my camera is not centre. This is a current topic in this Forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481433

Apple Chat was very quick and painless. Hopefully, so is the replacement/repair service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I'm just wondering is it affecting all models purchased between those dates and do they mean if every photo you take is blurry? I put my seriel no. in and it says it is apart of the affected batch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I'm just wondering is it affecting all models purchased between those dates and do they mean if every photo you take is blurry? I put my seriel no. in and it says it is apart of the affected batch.

Read the website that's linked in the OP? It answers both questions in the opening couple of paragraphs.

Update, small delay in my Express Replacement Service with Apple from their end.

iPhone due to arrive via UPS tomorrow and it is a straight replacement with my phone. I get to keep replacement phone, once Apple do the usual checks when they get mine from UPS.

Update, small delay in my Express Replacement Service with Apple from their end.

iPhone due to arrive via UPS tomorrow and it is a straight replacement with my phone. I get to keep replacement phone, once Apple do the usual checks when they get mine from UPS.

What were the symptoms of your problem with the camera - was every picture you took blurry and were the videos jumpy?

What were the symptoms of your problem with the camera - was every picture you took blurry and were the videos jumpy?

Yes the odd blurry picture, checked my serial number with Apple & mine was recognised, as having the issue.

Got replacement phone on Friday and I have UPS collecting my phone tomorrow to go back to Apple.

• Advertisement

Yes the odd blurry picture, checked my serial number with Apple & mine was recognised, as having the issue.

Got replacement phone on Friday and I have UPS collecting my phone tomorrow to go back to Apple.

so they sent you a new phone ? i just phoned up and they quoted me 10 days wait after they examine the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

peteeeed wrote: »
    so they sent you a new phone ? i just phoned up and they quoted me 10 days wait after they examine the phone
    express replacement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    express replacement

i got this reply from the apple chat

'the express replacement service can not be used with this program. '

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

peteeeed wrote: »
    i got this reply from the apple chat

'the express replacement service can not be used with this program. '

Has your warranty lapsed? I'd imagine that's one of the factors for express replacement.

guil wrote: »
    Has your warranty lapsed? I'd imagine that's one of the factors for express replacement.

rang the 1850 number and am now getting a new one sent via Express replacement

Generally you get a refurbished unit by express replacement. I had war with Apple until I insisted on speaking to a senior advisor at the Irish call centre. Poor guy got an earful!! (Sorry Jonathan). UPS arrived less then 24 hours latter. I had an earlier issue with phone restarting for no reason, plus this, I insisted on an New unit. America said no it was at there discretion. Jonathan eventually after I stopped ranting arranged a new unit plus a gratuity for being a loyal customer which he couldn't discuss until my phone had arrived and the case was settled. Wonder what that will be. A upgrade after Sept 9th in my dreams!!!

zeromedic wrote: »
    Generally you get a refurbished unit by express replacement. I had war with Apple until I insisted on speaking to a senior advisor at the Irish call centre. Poor guy got an earful!! (Sorry Jonathan). UPS arrived less then 24 hours latter. I had an earlier issue with phone restarting for no reason, plus this, I insisted on an New unit. America said no it was at there discretion. Jonathan eventually after I stopped ranting arranged a new unit plus a gratuity for being a loyal customer which he couldn't discuss until my phone had arrived and the case was settled. Wonder what that will be. A upgrade after Sept 9th in my dreams!!!

Why do you expect a new one? You're not giving back a brand new phone or buying a new one.

I paid top money for a top of the line model with Applecare that showed a fault almost immediately. Was repaired now is under an Apple recall with another fault. Wouldn't you expect new instead of a refurbished phone that was used and abused by Lord knows who?! This is the second time I've been through this after paying 1000 Euro. Would YOU settle for a refurb??

Phone isn't out a year yet. Most likely just been given wrong info.

I paid top money for a top of the line model with Applecare that showed a fault almost immediately. Was repaired now is under an Apple recall with another fault. Wouldn't you expect new instead of a refurbished phone that was used and abused by Lord knows who?! This is the second time I've been through this after paying 1000 Euro. Would YOU settle for a refurb??

I have accepted refurbs before yes and I don't see why not, it's as new and tested.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Phone isn't out a year yet. Most likely just been given wrong info.

I never even copped that. Nice spot.

I have accepted refurbs before yes and I don't see why not, it's as new and tested.

Under your warranty and European consumer rights and Applecare agreement you have entitlements. First time I excepted a repair. This is a recall, and I, thinking I was a poor photographer lost several family shots. Refurb this time? No sir!! New insisted and delivered.

Under your warranty and European consumer rights and Applecare agreement you have entitlements. First time I excepted a repair. This is a recall, and I, thinking I was a poor photographer lost several family shots. Refurb this time? No sir!! New insisted and delivered.

No warranty or rights entitle you to a new item after 1 repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I asked about the returns to when I got mine replaced. I was told that they have failed on a certain thing during production and then have been repaired and tested. They can't call them new as they have been touched by humans hence why they are refurbished. Plus you would never know which one is which.

No warranty or rights entitle you to a new item after 1 repair.

But under a company recall, if the goods are found to fall under expected consumer laws then they do.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    I asked about the returns to when I got mine replaced. I was told that they have failed on a certain thing during production and then have been repaired and tested. They can't call them new as they have been touched by humans hence why they are refurbished. Plus you would never know which one is which.

I've had number of service replacements sent from Apple and couldn't tell the difference. Also looking up the serial always showed a manufacturing date a few weeks before it was delivered and a battery test on it shows its at 100% capacity. New outer shell as well which feels perfect in the hand.

TLDR: The replacement devices are perfect. Would make no adds having one "brand new".

But under a company recall, if the goods are found to fall under expected consumer laws then they do.

You're talking through your arse. If there's a recall they repair your item.

No I'm talking through a new phone!:)

Oh and try to watch your language. Some manners is always appreciated.

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying that if my serial no. is apart of the affected batch that it does not necessarily mean the camera is faulty? I don't want to be looking for a problem that isn't there! I mean the people who have been affected by the issue on here is it happening very often on the pictures you take or just occasionally and are your videos also affected?

Advertisement