Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM VSR-10 Upgrades?

Options
  • 22-08-2015 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey all,

I bought a TM VSR-10 G-spec and have very happy with it but would like to upgrade it. Anyone got recommendations of what parts to upgrade first?

Stephen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Hicker09 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I bought a TM VSR-10 G-spec and have very happy with it but would like to upgrade it. Anyone got recommendations of what parts to upgrade first?

Stephen.

What are you looking to get out of the upgrading?.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Hicker09

Its probable going to be a back garden plinker so more FPS and accuracy. A tight bore barrel would help? It seems to fire slightly right.

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Hicker09 wrote: »
    Its probable going to be a back garden plinker so more FPS and accuracy. A tight bore barrel would help? It seems to fire slightly right.

Stephen

This all depends on your budget and FPS, and how good you are with your hands. VSR10 have a known "Right hook" issue.

Never mind the FPS, you can't go above 328fps with .20g bb's, anything above this is considered a firearm. PDI make very good upgrades, they have everything from cylinder upgrades which improves the airseal, hopup upgrades, barrels and externals.

For accuracy and range concentrate on your hopup chamber, hopup rubbers, bb (brand) and your inner barrel.

Thanks very much for all the info you have been very helpful.

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭shabba87

easiest way to eliminate the right hook and improve accuracy and range is ir-hopping the barrel

have done this upgrade in my tm well and jg
    u will get better distance accuracy also the ability to lift heavier weight bbs

as for other upgrades what i have done is a laylax m100 spring pps metal piston and spring guide laylax cylinder head with shs sear set shooting 320fps all day long

all these upgrades i can lift anything up to a .36g bb no problem with ranges 250ft

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info. Did you get the parts on the internet or from shops here?

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭shabba87

the ir hop was custom done by myself

as for the rest of the parts i bought from america and asia as european sites didnt have anything of the likes in stock

Ok thanks again, just need to sell my G&G CM16 now and will go shopping for the upgrade parts for the vsr.

Stephen.

Advertisement