Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe flash player virus?

Options
  • 22-08-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have a question regarding ads appearing on web pages.Basically what happens is if I click on a web page say for example Adverts.ie or Sky news ,small ads will appear on the page to the right and a little icon with with an arrow appears numerous times in the text(these are links to other ads if clicked).This has happened before but was easily fixed by going into add on's and removing whatever was accidently added on(my 3 year old plays games so hes usually responsible),but this however there is no add ons and Ive tried everything and they still appear.

The only thing I can think of is that there is Adobe Flash Player that was downloaded recently which does'nt look authentic.When I try to remove it it wont let me,it keeps telling me to close mozilla but this has been done but it still wont let me remove it.

Any help would be grateful....as I'm typing this,theres little icons everywhere and pages popping up.(Yes,I have pop up blocker turned on)

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jimjam2014 wrote: »
    I have a question regarding ads appearing on web pages.Basically what happens is if I click on a web page say for example Adverts.ie or Sky news ,small ads will appear on the page to the right and a little icon with with an arrow appears numerous times in the text(these are links to other ads if clicked).This has happened before but was easily fixed by going into add on's and removing whatever was accidently added on(my 3 year old plays games so hes usually responsible),but this however there is no add ons and Ive tried everything and they still appear.

The only thing I can think of is that there is Adobe Flash Player that was downloaded recently which does'nt look authentic.When I try to remove it it wont let me,it keeps telling me to close mozilla but this has been done but it still wont let me remove it.

Any help would be grateful....as I'm typing this,theres little icons everywhere and pages popping up.(Yes,I have pop up blocker turned on)

Cheers for any help.

Can you post a screenshot? Are they blocking parts of the page? In a new window? Are they embedded in the pages?(does everything else fit around them?)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Download and run ADWCleaner and see if it helps!

Nick

Advertisement