Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS scheme

Options
  • 22-08-2015 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi
    I really want to move out of the area im living in I want to rent my house out and rent somewhere else.
    Im thinking of signing up as a landlord to the ras scheme does anyone have any experience doing something similar.
    Do I have to pay tax on the rental income? Are the rents paid by the council much less than if rented out privately?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

deseil wrote: »
    Hi
    I really want to move out of the area im living in I want to rent my house out and rent somewhere else.
    Im thinking of signing up as a landlord to the ras scheme does anyone have any experience doing something similar.
    Do I have to pay tax on the rental income? Are the rents paid by the council much less than if rented out privately?

Thanks in advance

Do a search on this forum. It's been discussed at length. Yes you do have to pay tax on the income and yes rents are below market rate.

Advertisement