Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement phone during repair

• 22-08-2015 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Has Apple stopped providing the replacement phone service for mail-in repairs? Booked my iPhone 6 to be repaired under warranty but there was no option to have a temporary phone. I can't really be without it for a week or more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Did they ever? The only thing I know of is the express replacement.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I don't remember them ever doing it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

guil wrote: »
    Did they ever? The only thing I know of is the express replacement.

I'm talking about the service where they send you a phone and an envelope to return your own phone. They then have ups collect the phone from you when sending back your own phone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Has Apple stopped providing the replacement phone service for mail-in repairs? Booked my iPhone 6 to be repaired under warranty but there was no option to have a temporary phone. I can't really be without it for a week or more.

I left my phone in the UPS centre in Finglas on Wednesday night at 5pm. It's going back for flickering screen. I got a notification email on Friday night saying a replacement is on the way with my tracking number. It left the UK at 5am this morning.

I will have it Monday late afternoon.

Just to give you an Ida of replacement turnaround times.

kceire wrote: »
    I left my phone in the UPS centre in Finglas on Wednesday night at 5pm. It's going back for flickering screen. I got a notification email on Friday night saying a replacement is on the way with my tracking number. It left the UK at 5am this morning.

I will have it Monday late afternoon.

Just to give you an Ida of replacement turnaround times.
    That's not bad. Had a battery replaced under iPhone 5 replacement program and was without it for nearly two weeks.

• Advertisement

I called apple and they told me to ignore the ups package they are sending to me.

They are sending another package with a replacement phone at a cost of €29.

Kind of annoying they hide this option when logging a service request.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm talking about the service where they send you a phone and an envelope to return your own phone. They then have ups collect the phone from you when sending back your own phone.

Thats the €29 Express replacement option. The other option is send back yours first and wait 5 days for the replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I called apple and they told me to ignore the ups package they are sending to me.

They are sending another package with a replacement phone at a cost of €29.

Kind of annoying they hide this option when logging a service request.

It needs to be set up by a chat/phone advisor. If you're setting up a repair yourself then your only option is mail in.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    It needs to be set up by a chat/phone advisor. If you're setting up a repair yourself then your only option is mail in.

Yeah looks that way, which makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Yeah looks that way, which makes no sense.

Probably because they might want to confirm a hardware issue first before allowing people set up for things that might not even be an issue with the phone. Prevent abuse of it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement