Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover back wall finish!

Options
  • 22-08-2015 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I planted climbers few years back at corner of wall and tried to trail them to back wall with limited success ... I want to try cover the whole back wall with nice smelling pretty flowers Non stick to wall .. To run along trelis. I'm not sure the name of plant that is running along top if window I can't get any movement along the bottom trelis. At all.
    I'm now thinking if getting a long container for the ground and trying to see if I can get something running up along trelis and that I can trail either sure if window that's pretty and won't damage wall by sticking into it ! Any ideas appreciated paddy

Ps post heading should read :
    Cover badly plastered wall !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its quite likely that the bottom trellis is in sufficient of a shadow area that the trailer would rather go somewhere easier. Does that area get a good bit of sun? Your best bet would indeed be a large trough - it would have to be pretty substantial to get any decent growth from it though. It does not have to be as wide as the trellis, but it would need to be fairly deep both top to bottom and back to front.

I have had a couple of climbers in a similar situation, in full sun, sulking for several years, one of them is going to come out and I will try something else, the other is just lively enough to survive the cull!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

looksee wrote: »
    Its quite likely that the bottom trellis is in sufficient of a shadow area that the trailer would rather go somewhere easier. Does that area get a good bit of sun? Your best bet would indeed be a large trough - it would have to be pretty substantial to get any decent growth from it though. It does not have to be as wide as the trellis, but it would need to be fairly deep both top to bottom and back to front.

I have had a couple of climbers in a similar situation, in full sun, sulking for several years, one of them is going to come out and I will try something else, the other is just lively enough to survive the cull!

Thanks .... Not sure what to do really I cut back the sides a bit to see if it will come on a bit ... I also cut branches that were growing the opposite way In an effort to help thks

Advertisement