Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,294 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cyrus wrote: »
    no, tell me there an error adding my card, revolut say some people can add to paypal and some cant, nothing they can do :rolleyes:

Wait until the pending payment drops off and try again.

Also make sure your address match for both PayPal and Revolut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Wait until the pending payment drops off and try again.

Also make sure your address match for both PayPal and Revolut

And make sure you use the same base currency as your card.

In theory for Ireland that should be € but some older cards have £ attached to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

And make sure you use the same base currency as your card.

In theory for Ireland that should be € but some older cards have £ attached to them.

ok thanks both

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

I'm a new customer to Revolut. I've added money to the account and tried to buy something on Amazon. On my Amazon account the order is still waiting to dispatch. When I contact Revolut support they see a pending transaction for €0 - there doesnt appear to be any charge to my account. I contact Amazon and they said everything looked ok from their site.

Has anyone hit this problem before? Should I cancel the order and re-submit? Not sure what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

peustace wrote: »
    I'm a new customer to Revolut. I've added money to the account and tried to buy something on Amazon. On my Amazon account the order is still waiting to dispatch. When I contact Revolut support they see a pending transaction for €0 - there doesnt appear to be any charge to my account. I contact Amazon and they said everything looked ok from their site.

Has anyone hit this problem before? Should I cancel the order and re-submit? Not sure what to do next.
    Do nothing, Amazon will charge card just before shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

It sounds fine. Amazon don't charge until dispatch, the pending €0 transaction is to verify the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Had a payment declined this morning. Customer support said it was communication issue with the card . I pointed out that it was a "card not present" transaction . Asked me to log out and back in which I now cannot do as they have "server issues" but could only tell me this after being asked for dob last top etc . Its almost as if they do not have enough support staff so they ask you for unnecessary info to buy time.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Having tons of problems topping up via AIB last 3 days. Revolut say its AIB end, AIB said they had problems but should be resoled. Anybody else?

Also, does Revolut work with Paypal now? Previously it wasnt accepted on Paypal when i last tried, maybe last year sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

valor wrote: »
    Having tons of problems topping up via AIB last 3 days. Revolut say its AIB end, AIB said they had problems but should be resoled. Anybody else?

Also, does Revolut work with Paypal now? Previously it wasnt accepted on Paypal when i last tried, maybe last year sometime

I had problems with PayPal but eventually it accepted I I verified with 4digit code working great now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I topped up with my AIB debit card this morning (10:44am), no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

I transferred money from my permanent tsb account to my Revolut account which I set up yesterday, how long does it take before money shows up in the account? Would have thought since its all digital it wouldn't take too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Major payment processing problems today
    Card declined at supermarket, ATM and can't make an online payment.
    It topped up no problem

According to Revolut it's a problem with the computers communucating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭muloc

I transferred money from my permanent tsb account to my Revolut account which I set up yesterday, how long does it take before money shows up in the account? Would have thought since its all digital it wouldn't take too long.

I think it took about 2 days..I'm BOI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i got paypal ok, thanks for all the help

what im wondering about now, and something ive never used it for before, if i wanted to transfer say £1k sterling to someone in the uk and they dont use revolut, what happens i know they get a page that says join revolut or alternatively have the money transferred to your bank account, but how easy is that process for them just to have the money transferred to their account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I understand its a start up but it seems like this kind of issue happens too often.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    It topped up no problem

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    It topped up no problem

That's what happened to me in Sainsbury's last week. Card is sod all good to me at 12pm when I'm back home having a mug of coffee watching The Bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That's what happened to me in Sainsbury's last week. Card is sod all good to me at 12pm when I'm back home having a mug of coffee watching The Bill.

Yeah, was v annoyed but things happen.

All ok now but no groceries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Just setup & verified my account, it was pretty seemless!

Question is: I want to buy something from Amazon UK, do top up my card with Euro and pay Amazon using GBP or should i top up with GBP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Just setup & verified my account, it was pretty seemless!

Question is: I want to buy something from Amazon UK, do top up my card with Euro and pay Amazon using GBP or should i top up with GBP?

Top up in euro, if you top up in sterling, you'll pay your banks interest rate, thereby negating the benefit of Revolut.

Top up in euro, pay in sterling, and Revolut will exchange the currency for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Brilliant, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Can I use my Ulster bank debit card to load money on the Revolut card?

Also do Revolut charge anything for taking non euro cash from an ATM?

Haven't charged me anything taking pounds I had exchanged, think theres a limit of 500 a month before charged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can I use my Ulster bank debit card to load money on the Revolut card?

Also do Revolut charge anything for taking non euro cash from an ATM?

https://revolut.com/faq/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Maybe I'm being dull here, why when I exchange euro to pound 100 = 89.67
    But if I change pound to euro
    89.67 = 98.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

phobia2011 wrote: »
    89.67 = 98.99

Buy/sell rates aren't the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

phobia2011 wrote: »
    89.67 = 98.99

It's the weekend, financial markets closed. Normally difference is not that big, but Revolut use a less favourable exchange rate when markets closed. You can tell on the app the rate doesn't change "live" like it does on days that markets are open. As said before if you expect to make purchases in foreign currency when markets are closed (weekends or U.K. Bank holidays) you're better of exchanging to the required currency when the markets are still open (e.g. Friday before weekend)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

I am going to North Ireland for a function from work and staying overnight. Am I better off loading some sterling on the card or euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

paska wrote: »
    I am going to North Ireland for a function from work and staying overnight. Am I better off loading some sterling on the card or euro.

Load euros. Always load euros if you're loading from an Irish bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭muloc

used mine for the first time in a couple of stores in newry yesterday...no problems. It's very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone having issues toping up today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement