Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

No issues topping up, but card was declined twice this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Mine was declined this morning but the app still showed a deduction for a few hours

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Weird, as I am trying to top up a large sum as in Belfast tomorrow and it just stays on the screen you type in the amount even when I click submit.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Tony wrote: »
    Mine was declined this morning but the app still showed a deduction for a few hours

Exact same thing happened me in August. Support said there was a brief communications failure with their payment server.

dan786 wrote: »
    Weird, as I am trying to top up a large sum as in Belfast tomorrow and it just stays on the screen you type in the amount even when I click submit.

Did you check you have the latest version? Restarting phone might also help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I had to top up Today. Same as the other 2 times when it accepts the payment it gets stuck on the security screen (from aib) I restart the app and the money is there. I paid for items on Amazon and it took the payment no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

So if I'm looking to buy pound, 2-3 k is this the best way to do it, just top up by euro then convert to pound? Is there a fee for converting that amount,?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

phobia2011 wrote: »
    So if I'm looking to buy pound, 2-3 k is this the best way to do it, just top up by euro then convert to pound? Is there a fee for converting that amount,?

Yes.

No.

Quackster wrote: »
    Did you check you have the latest version? Restarting phone might also help.

Yes tried that and even tried a different phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

how long does it take for me money to show up on my revolut from a euro bank transfer from BOI?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I think there's more to it then they are saying , if the terminal is not communicating back to their system then how does the retailers name show up in the app right away on the failed payment.?

Exact same thing happened me in August. Support said there was a brief communications failure with their payment server.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

I am going North. Topped up in Euro. Should I spend in Euro or change it to sterling on the app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

paska wrote: »
    I am going North. Topped up in Euro. Should I spend in Euro or change it to sterling on the app?

Keep it in euro.

Try searching the thread this has been asked loads of times.

paska wrote: »

If you're going to be using it over the weekend, change your euro into sterling in the app Friday as the Revolut exchange rates ain't so good while the forex markets are closed from Friday evening to Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

If you're going to be using it over the weekend, change your euro into sterling in the app Friday as the Revolut exchange rates ain't so good while the forex markets are closed from Friday evening to Monday morning.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I was up north about 2 weeks ago on the weekend. Everywhere I used the card I got 0.89 for every euro. The rate was 0.90 I just checked it there on xe.

Hardly a big amount to worry about. He'll lose more than that if he doesn't spend it all and needs to change if back to euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Sorry if already asked, but I need to send £200stg to a UK bank account.

What would the best way to do this be?

Do I load the card with equivalent euro amount, convert to stg, and then transfer?

If that is correct, how to I choose which balance to use when transferring?

Thanks for any help...only new to using this card! :o

keredern wrote: »
    Sorry if already asked, but I need to send £200stg to a UK bank account.

What would the best way to do this be?

Do I load the card with equivalent euro amount, convert to stg, and then transfer?

If that is correct, how to I choose which balance to use when transferring?

Thanks for any help...only new to using this card! :o

Managed to find an answer...thanks!

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Hardly a big amount to worry about. He'll lose more than that if he doesn't spend it all and needs to change if back to euro.

He'll loose on changing any leftover sterling back into euro if sterling is weaker when he changes it back into euro.

Conversely, he'll profit if sterling is stronger when he changes it back as there is no spread on Revolut buy/sell rates during the week. So that's a 50/50.

Was in the UK last weekend and changed back my leftover sterling today after the court ruling and made an ever-so-small profit. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Using a revolut card in ULSTER bank machine and €20 didn't come out but receipt did, what's happened there? Is revolut the one to contact or....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If the error doesn't rectify itself within a day (which it often will when the ATM balancing is done), then you always contact the card issuer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Can you set the address on the card to Parcel Motel?
    The app doesn't recognize the BT364PE post code for selected country UK, so it doesn't seem to let you save an address. Maybe it's blacklisted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Difference of 11 euros between the buy and sale rates in a thousand euros to stg

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

adam88 wrote: »
    Difference of 11 euros between the buy and sale rates in a thousand euros to stg

This pops up here every single weekend, Revolut freeze their rates at the weekend to protect themselves, most people who frequent this thread regularly should know this by now. Also, buying and selling rates always differ, obviously not as much as you're seeing at the minute, but that's because of them freezing their rates.

adam88 wrote: »

Read a little bit of this thread and you'll understand why.

Hi all.

I need to send about $30 to someone in the USA.

They don't have Revolut & I can't really ask them to sign up!

Is there anyway to use Revolut via PayPal without incurring Paypal's horrible exchange rates & fees?

My card is already successfully linked & I've used it previously on Paypal.

Right so Revolut have not been able to figure out the fault as I was able to use exact same card to top up on a second account I set up to test. They asked me to remove card from my original account and add again. That didnt work as it wouldnt allow me to add any card to my account after that as it just stayed on the billing address page and never went past that.

Anyways, today downloaded the updated app and now when I try to add my BOI Visa card with Irish billing address, it just says that Revolut only supports top ups from EU countries. Anyone else come across this? Or did Ireland leave the EU :P?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

keredern wrote: »
    Hi all.

I need to send about $30 to someone in the USA.

They don't have Revolut & I can't really ask them to sign up!

Is there anyway to use Revolut via PayPal without incurring Paypal's horrible exchange rates & fees?

My card is already successfully linked & I've used it previously on Paypal.

- Circle app is another option - search for my thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Right so Revolut have not been able to figure out the fault as I was able to use exact same card to top up on a second account I set up to test. They asked me to remove card from my original account and add again. That didnt work as it wouldnt allow me to add any card to my account after that as it just stayed on the billing address page and never went past that.

Anyways, today downloaded the updated app and now when I try to add my BOI Visa card with Irish billing address, it just says that Revolut only supports top ups from EU countries. Anyone else come across this? Or did Ireland leave the EU :P?

Not sure how much you are topping up, but I just topped up €400 as I am also heading to Belfast tomorrow. Top up was instant using BOI visa debit card.

Question,

Should I leave the 400 in Euros on the card and just pay for things as I go or convert €400 to sterling now within the app? Which is better or is there any difference??

BobbyT28

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement