Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Thanks for that! I confirmed with Revolut that the 2,000 daily limit applies to both chip and pin and magstripe transactions.

Tried to sign up but there's a waiting list apparently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

TheChizler wrote: »
    Thanks for that! I confirmed with Revolut that the 2,000 daily limit applies to both chip and pin and magstripe transactions.

Tried to sign up but there's a waiting list apparently!

Yes, demand outstripped supply so there is a waiting list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i have to say i love revolut but customer service is very hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Any idea of how long the waiting list is? Sign up about 2 weeks ago and no word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Any idea of how long the waiting list is? Sign up about 2 weeks ago and no word.

- A friend of mine is now waiting a couple of weeks and still no sign of card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Cyrus wrote: »
    i have to say i love revolut but customer service is very hit and miss.
    Their support is horrendous, they keep reassigning you to different agents, but rarely bother to check ticket history so you have to repeat yourself a lot and waste a lot of time.
    I have an open issue with my number26 Mastercard not supported for topup for months now but not getting anywhere with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Their support is horrendous, they keep reassigning you to different agents, but rarely bother to check ticket history so you have to repeat yourself a lot and waste a lot of time.
    I have an open issue with my number26 Mastercard not supported for topup for months now but not getting anywhere with them.
    Had problems when I tried inputting the N26 card number manually, but when I got the Revolut app to scan automatically it was added straight away :confused:

Takes a few tries to get it to see the invisible N26 font ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Has the pound gotten stronger or are markets closed for weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Has the pound gotten stronger or are markets closed for weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Pound is up thanks to Donald.

Chart.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Card refused multiple times on Game.co.uk and then again on phone line to sales dept. Said there was some strange problem with payment and it wasn't being accepted so ended up using my VISA instead. Big fan of Revolut for the most part, but this uncertainty if it will work coupled with the ropey customer service end of things is starting to grate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

pm1977x wrote: »
    Card refused multiple times on Game.co.uk and then again on phone line to sales dept. Said there was some strange problem with payment and it wasn't being accepted so ended up using my VISA instead. Big fan of Revolut for the most part, but this uncertainty if it will work coupled with the ropey customer service end of things is starting to grate.

You definitely have e commerce payments enabled?

You definitely have e commerce payments enabled?

Yeah, have used it a few times with Amazon and other etailers but no dice today for unknown reason. Could be Game's fault too I guess.

edit: just checked and the money has come out of my Revolut account now too, think I'm done with it now at this point, far too unreliable, will take 10 working days to be returned based on previous experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

I really don't understand people complaints about the service and support. Myself and the OH have used it for trips to the USA and other then some random declines for no reasons ( always had other options to pay) I have never had a problem with it.

Everybody is dealing with what is essentially still an early start up ( maybe just over 18 months old now) so once you take that into consideration I am happy to keep using the service as it grows and improves.

Even support for me on the handful of occasions I have dealt with them though maybe a little slow they still are helpful.

At the end of the day remember you are dealing with a unique currency service not a bank and once you have that expectation you should be fine

steokeogh wrote: »
    I really don't understand people complaints about the service and support. Myself and the OH have used it for trips to the USA and other then some random declines for no reasons ( always had other options to pay) I have never had a problem with it.

Everybody is dealing with what is essentially still an early start up ( maybe just over 18 months old now) so once you take that into consideration I am happy to keep using the service as it grows and improves.

Even support for me on the handful of occasions I have dealt with them though maybe a little slow they still are helpful.

At the end of the day remember you are dealing with a unique currency service not a bank and once you have that expectation you should be fine

I have an expectation that when a company launches they should have most of the bugs ironed out, particularly when you're a currency service - 18 months on and we're all still hitting these kinds of issues and service outages which doesn't reflect well on them. It should work every time, not just every second time or now and then, if not it's only normal that people will lose confidence in it and drift away or look for better alternatives.

What happened yesterday to me leaves me out of pocket of £210 sterling for 2 weeks, which I only topped up in order to make that purchase - no biggie, but if this was 2k instead I could be hitting a cashflow issue, would I ever use this app to make such a big purchase or transfer, I don't think so, not any more.

I'll probably still use it for Amazon or places where I know it works, but beyond that I think it's not to be relied upon, which again, for a currency service is pretty bad.

steokeogh wrote: »
    I really don't understand people complaints about the service and support. ....

This is a company providing financial services and licensed as electronic money provider.

Startup or not, they should have support available and their support should be able to answer even basic questions and take financial issues serious.

Issue will happen especially with new systems but their support does not even take issues seriously which will create issues in the long run, especially if the regulator ever does an audit.

They are clearly not prudent with their customers funds, I still have to carry a major balance because of strangely reverted payments or double/triple refunds. Customer service does not care about those issue which is bad, because after all they are a financial services company. If the regulator ever does an audit this will come back very badly.

Will there be times where the card does not work because somewhere between revolut, paysafe and mastercard there is an issue, sure, that can happen with all cards.

Will there be times where their customer service is overwhelmed, sure. Which is one of the reasons they hire and have a waiting list now.

But being a startup does not excuse bad customer service or irresponsible handling of funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

which atms to withdraw cash in america, are there atm fees for withdrawing cash. thanks

Surfn wrote: »
    which atms to withdraw cash in america, are there atm fees for withdrawing cash. thanks

Revolut will not charge you a fee unless you go over €650 per month (2% after that), you can see your remaining limit in the App.

As to no charges by the ATM operator, your best bet is a local credit union ATM or Aldi. Otherwise it's trial and error because there does not seams to be pattern at this point with fees from 0$ to 5$.

You best look up a Chip Reader enabled ATM on the Mastercard Website and than try.

At start of year people reported that TD Bank didn't charge fees. Don't know if that's still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

Is the pin number you set up on the app the pin number for your card when using it? I never got another pin so i assume it is. Got wrong pin today for the first time trying to use it in a card machine.

• Advertisement

paska wrote: »
    Is the pin number you set up on the app the pin number for your card when using it? I never got another pin so i assume it is. Got wrong pin today for the first time trying to use it in a card machine.

Nope, it's different, you can view it this way:

Go into the app
    Click on "my card"
    click on "show pin"
    Enter your App PIN or use Fingerprint if set up

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Think you can check your pin in the app by tapping the card icon and show pin

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Has anyone been able to order a new contactless card without blocking their old one. Clearly states in their faqs you can but after a discussion with support and pointing this out she still insisted I can't.
    Just wondering if this is the case or did I just happen to get an agent who wasn't aware of this..

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

Nope, it's different, you can view it this way:

Go into the app
    Click on "my card"
    click on "show pin"
    Enter your App PIN or use Fingerprint if set up

Hope that helps.
    mightyreds wrote: »
    Think you can check your pin in the app by tapping the card icon and show pin

OMG. Thanks, I done what you said and found the pin. The worse part is, it was a pin number I had changed to one i use elsewhere so I don't forget!!:eek::eek:

OMG. Thanks, I done what you said and found the pin. The worse part is, it was a pin number I had changed to one i use elsewhere so I don't forget!!:eek::eek:

Glad you found it, but it's never a good idea to use the same PIN for all of your cards. If one card's PIN get compromised all of your cards could have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mickey Blu

I signed up to a revolut card and am delighted with it, but I have a query, during the registration process, as part of the KYC, the app requested me to take a photograph of myself and then my ID, and submit to them for card verification, which I do not have a problem with, I am just interested in finding out the name of the company that developed this part of the application? Any techies out there be able to provide the answer?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭g0g

Question - would Revolut be useful for getting USD out of an American stock account and converting to EUR at a better rate? The US broker are suggesting I might need an intermediary account (?) Should that be the case for the UK-based Revolut USD account?

Other option is a USD cheque to my address - would I be able to lodge that maybe to Revolut via an Irish bank without attracting a feee somehow?

Anyone else stopped getting notifications from Revolut any more, e.g. when receiving money or a top up completing successfully?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Notifications for receiving money working fine for me.

Have never had notifications for top ups?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement