Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Anyone else stopped getting notifications from Revolut any more, e.g. when receiving money or a top up completing successfully?

Try to log out and login again using the app. It worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Anyone else stopped getting notifications from Revolut any more, e.g. when receiving money or a top up completing successfully?

Yes, last 3 events have had no notifications, used to get them all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭muloc

bought some stuff on amazon yesterday which went through fine but not showing up in app transactions/balance yet...does it usually take a while?
    first time using it online

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

muloc wrote: »
    bought some stuff on amazon yesterday which went through fine but not showing up in app transactions/balance yet...does it usually take a while?
    first time using it online

Amazon don't charge you until just before dispatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭muloc

Spocker wrote: »
    Amazon don't charge you until just before dispatch

ok that explains it...thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Been using my card the last few months on Amazon, Then last weekend was first time I used my card on the road. Topped it up in Austria to take out some euro's, great card, no issues at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Noob question, I have just topped up my card using my debit card. My balance is in Euro's. I want to buy something in Sterling so do I have to exchange within the app first to the amount of Sterling required or will the transaction automatically be converted to Sterling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

pissed wrote: »
    Noob question, I have just topped up my card using my debit card. My balance is in Euro's. I want to buy something in Sterling so do I have to exchange within the app first to the amount of Sterling required or will the transaction automatically be converted to Sterling?

Read the thread this question is asked nearly every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Lucas Hood wrote: »

So helpful :)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's also answered in the FAQs on the Revolut website. People really should read them first before asking questions here!

And the answer to your question is that it is entirely up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You don't have to convert it to sterling, it will just take it from your euro balance and do the conversion for you. Just be aware that rates are always set a little lower at the weekends so if you think you will be buying something on sterling during weekends, it's best to maybe convert some Euro into pounds before markets close on Fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

Quackster wrote: »
    It's also answered in the FAQs on the Revolut website. People really should read them first before asking questions here!

And the answer to your question is that it is entirely up to you.

In Fairness not all people live on Boards and read every post. With the nature of forums being as they are, searching is possible but not always productive. I would suggest if you don't want to give help don't give a lecture. just sayin>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

paska wrote: »
    In Fairness not all people live on Boards and read every post. With the nature of forums being as they are, searching is possible but not always productive. I would suggest if you don't want to give help don't give a lecture. just sayin>>>

You don't have to read every post. The exact same question was asked and answered 1 page back.

The same question being asked over and over again is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

You don't have to read every post. The exact same question was asked and answered 1 page back.

The same question being asked over and over again is annoying.

So you advise is. if you want to ask any question you don't need to search. Just go one page back and the answer should be always there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

So you advise is. if you want to ask any question you don't need to search. Just go one page back and the answer should be always there?

No, the advice, I imagine, is to do the tiniest bit of research on something (i hear they have the internet on computers these days) rather than expecting someone else to have it ready and waiting for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

dan786 wrote: »
    Spent 37k in last 5 months while my limit it only 30K, so I wouldnt take that seriously, only verification I ever did was at very start where you have to upload a photo ID and picture of bank card.

Hit the 30k mark today and they won't let me top up anymore - I have to verify my source of funds

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hit the 30k mark today and they won't let me top up anymore - I have to verify my source of funds

Crap, I'm not to far from the €30k mark now also, reckon I'll hit in in the. Ext couple of weeks, I wonder what's involved in the verification process. Out of curiosity, is there any others who have exceeded the €30k limit and are still able to top-up with out going through the verification process. I asked support a few weeks ago when this limit would reset and was given two different answers by three different agents, 2 confirmed it would be during first quarter of 2017 but a third agent was adamant that they were both incorrect and this limit wouldn't be reset till the final quarter of 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Crap, I'm not to far from the €30k mark now also, reckon I'll hit in in the. Ext couple of weeks, I wonder what's involved in the verification process. Out of curiosity, is there any others who have exceeded the €30k limit and are still able to top-up with out going through the verification process. I asked support a few weeks ago when this limit would reset and was given two different answers by three different agents, 2 confirmed it would be during first quarter of 2017 but a third agent was adamant that they were both incorrect and this limit wouldn't be reset till the final quarter of 2017.

get another card maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

As long as you can provide proof of funds and have a reasonable explanation as to why you are using this much funds with Revolut you should not have an issue with them allowing you higher transactions than the current limit.

It's simply a standard process for the Anti Money Laundering and Compliance management.

You might need to provide them with proof where the funds come from and if you are using loads of withdraws why you are doing those with them and the you have genuine business with the receivers.

If you simple spend a lot via the card, they are going to look at your spending profile (where, what for, amounts) and than look at the risk you are and request proof of source of funds etc.

It might be as simple as bank statement, it might be as complicated as salary or tax statements.

Also if you come over certain amounts they will have to advise the Irish Tax authority about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Stop with the sniping folks. If you have a problem with a post, report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

As long as you can provide proof of funds and have a reasonable explanation as to why you are using this much funds with Revolut you should not have an issue with them allowing you higher transactions than the current limit.

It's simply a standard process for the Anti Money Laundering and Compliance management.

You might need to provide them with proof where the funds come from and if you are using loads of withdraws why you are doing those with them and the you have genuine business with the receivers.

If you simple spend a lot via the card, they are going to look at your spending profile (where, what for, amounts) and than look at the risk you are and request proof of source of funds etc.

It might be as simple as bank statement, it might be as complicated as salary or tax statements.

Also if you come over certain amounts they will have to advise the Irish Tax authority about it.

They only notify the authorities if they are suspicious of the funds. E.g. They suspect money laundering for terroism or drugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Once can understand them pulling out of Russia (with the sanctions and all) and the US (regulatory burden). Why Australia too I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone have any issues changing address on Revolut? I keep getting "something went wrong".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I get 'something went wrong' every single time I open the app, before I even do anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Probably a bit irresponsible of the register to state that funds would disappear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Once can understand them pulling out of Russia (with the sanctions and all) and the US (regulatory burden). Why Australia too I don't know.

Revolut don't operate in Australia so Australians should never have been using Revolut in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement