Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

They do charge for topping up in USD though, although that might only relate to US debit card top ups.

That's true; I guess it's a question of whether that would exceed the foreign currency fee and inferior exchange rate of Entropay. Perhaps it would be best to test both methods with a small sum to see which gives the better return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

I did manage to top-up in USD using debit card from European bank in past, but I recall also they were changing rules for USD top-ups at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I've tried to top up my card but it's telling me my limit is €1,000 a year and I have to verify identity to be able to topup. When does the year end, is it from the time you start using the card? .. I think I only have the card since April, so will my year end in April?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I've tried to top up my card but it's telling me my limit is €1,000 a year and I have to verify identity to be able to topup. When does the year end, is it from the time you start using the card? .. I think I only have the card since April, so will my year end in April?

Just verify identity ?

Just verify identity ?

I need to upload a passport, drivers license or identity card. I don't know how to do that.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,296 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I need to upload a passport, drivers license or identity card. I don't know how to do that.. :(

It's in your profile and Verify. The app will scan your ID and upload to their server.

It's very easy. Follow the in-app instructions?

I've just tried with passport I got as far as where the camera comes up but it's not scanning :( and there's no tab to click on to scan..... Do you think they might be off today, for Christmas?

I've just tried with passport I got as far as where the camera comes up but it's not scanning :( and there's no tab to click on to scan..... Do you think they might be off today, for Christmas?

You have to line it up until the edges go green and it'll scan automatically.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There's no button to press, it scans automatically once the camera focuses on the passport. If it's not working, try moving the passport to somewhere with more light.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I managed to get it to scan, after about a half hour of trying but that wasn't good enough, it couldn't be read, so will have to try again. :(

I was close to my top up limit and had to verify my salary.

They wanted 3x payslips and bank statement.

I got 5000 extra top up allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Thanks, I managed to get it to scan, after about a half hour of trying but that wasn't good enough, it couldn't be read, so will have to try again. :(

Talk to them in the support chat they'll have it done in 5 minutes whenever they're back.

I've just talked to them in support, I told them I was having difficulty uploading ID, this was their reply...."Can you please send us here the 4 photos (front and back of your passport or ID, a photo of yourself holding the passport/ID next to your face and then just a normal picture of yourself like a selfie) so we can verify your identity. Thank you,"... :eek:
    Anyway, I won't be able to topup the card until they receive identity.

I've just talked to them in support, I told them I was having difficulty uploading ID, this was their reply...."Can you please send us here the 4 photos (front and back of your passport or ID, a photo of yourself holding the passport/ID next to your face and then just a normal picture of yourself like a selfie) so we can verify your identity. Thank you,"... :eek:
    Anyway, I won't be able to topup the card until they receive identity.

Why are you shocked?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why are you shocked?

Because it was impossible for me to send and scan my passport ID, now they want 4!

Is there an alternative to the Revoult card? One where you don't need to upload ID?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Can you verify I'd if you don't have a passport or driving licence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Because it was impossible for me to send and scan my passport ID, now they want 4!

Is there an alternative to the Revoult card? One where you don't need to upload ID?

Try swanning into your local bank and opening an account without ID. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I was close to my top up limit and had to verify my salary.

They wanted 3x payslips and bank statement.

That seems a bit over the top to be honest .

Bob Z wrote: »
    Can you verify I'd if you don't have a passport or driving licence?

I don't think you can, Bob..

I'm getting worried about this Rovlout card.. Is it normal for them to ask for ID? ... I'm thinking it's a way to get hold of your ID, then clear out your bank account..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I don't think you can, Bob..

I'm getting worried about this Rovlout card.. Is it normal for them to ask for ID? ... I'm thinking it's a way to get hold of your ID, then clear out your bank account..

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head right there. Clown.

Try swanning into your local bank and opening an account without ID. :rolleyes:

I was able to get an Revoult card without ID.

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

I was able to get an Revoult card without ID.

Thats true, but you can't do much with it, until you verify your identity - have a look here: https://revolut.com/faq/gettingstarted.php?cat_id=9&cat_name=Security#parentVerticalTab3

Do you have access to a scanner for taking copies of your ID - perhaps your local library has one? Otherwise you can take (clear) pictures with your phones camera, and use those?

What?.. I don't know if you're agreeing with me or calling me a a Clown.

Something else I found out while talking to support, the support chat is a Bot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Just take a picture with your phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

What?.. I don't know if you're agreeing with me or calling me a a Clown.
    He's not agreeing with you. Revolut are regulated and have to establish your I.D. under Know Your Customer regulations - in the very same way as you'd have the same hoops to jump through if you opened a bank account, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

*cough* I'm not even going to point out what the problem part of this post is, because it's so glaringly obvious. If folks can't be civil, then don't post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm relatively new to the Revolt card.

To date, I've only used it for purchases in sterling from Amazon so have just topped up and let the app transfer the amount across. However I'm going to the States in a few weeks. Is there any benefit to exchanging my balance to dollars or does it work out the same leaving in euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Something else I found out while talking to support, the support chat is a Bot.

And that surprises you because?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm relatively new to the Revolt card.

To date, I've only used it for purchases in sterling from Amazon so have just topped up and let the app transfer the amount across. However I'm going to the States in a few weeks. Is there any benefit to exchanging my balance to dollars or does it work out the same leaving in euro?
    Exchange to dollars during business hours Monday - Friday. If you pay for $ purchases from a euro balance on the weekend, it works out as being 1 or 2 % more expensive (read back on the thread for details of same).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement