Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

What's the story with the 200 withdrawal limit, before charges kick in, heading to U.K. This weekend, should I just take £200 out at ATM per day???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

phobia2011 wrote: »
    What's the story with the 200 withdrawal limit, before charges kick in, heading to U.K. This weekend, should I just take £200 out at ATM per day???

Pay with as much as you can with the card itself rather than cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

If you signed up after the 5th December the first £200 ATM withdrawals per month is free and then further withdrawals are charged at 2%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Any different if you signed up before December 5th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Any different if you signed up before December 5th?

It is my understanding you have up to £500 free of ATM withdrawals per month until the 5th Feb

http://weresuckingdiesel.com/new-atm-fair-use-policy-at-revolut/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Signed up last week and ordered my physical card. Got a notification to say there'd been an issue with the card issuer and they were refunding me the €6 and sending out the card now FOC as way of apology

Good start for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Dodge wrote: »
    Signed up last week and ordered my physical card. Got a notification to say there'd been an issue with the card issuer and they were refunding me the €6 and sending out the card now FOC as way of apology

Good start for me

Same happened with me for my backup card yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Sono

Mother is heading to NYC next Saturday and she has a revolut card and needs to get cash out, could she withdraw from the BOI ATM in Dublin and get dollars and withdraw without any charge? Or would she be better off withdrawing in JFK when she lands? I have heard they charge fees to withdraw and while I have been there myself I can't remember.

Any advice here folks?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Sono wrote: »
    Mother is heading to NYC next Saturday and she has a revolut card and needs to get cash out, could she withdraw from the BOI ATM in Dublin and get dollars and withdraw without any charge? Or would she be better off withdrawing in JFK when she lands? I have heard they charge fees to withdraw and while I have been there myself I can't remember.

Any advice here folks?

Withdraw dollars from one of those ATMs at Dublin Airport and your card will be charged in euros at a horrendous exchange rate so it would negate the purpose of Revolut.

Quackster wrote: »
    Withdraw dollars from one of those ATMs at Dublin Airport and your card will be charged in euros at a horrendous exchange rate so it would negate the purpose of Revolut.

Yeah was thinking the same but wasn't 100% on it, thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I won't be using my revolut as a backup card anymore when herself has the main bank card. Cost me €275 to draw €270 Friday and cost me €51 to draw €50 today.
    That's 2% every time.
    I'll stick to my free fees ptsb while in Ireland and the revolut for abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I won't be using my revolut as a backup card anymore when herself has the main bank card. Cost me €275 to draw €270 Friday and cost me €51 to draw €50 today.
    That's 2% every time.

There's a clearly expressed monthly limit in the T&Cs before a fee kicks in each month. If you have free withdrawals with your bank, using Revolut would for that purpose would be daft.

There's a clearly expressed monthly limit in the T&Cs before a fee kicks in each month. If you have free withdrawals with your bank, using Revolut would for that purpose would be daft.

Exactly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Uh oh looks like I've upset the shareholders.

As I said I used it as a backup if the wife has the ptsb card.
    Up until recently it was handy when In certain situations I needed to purchase something or pay something when herself is elsewhere with the ptsb.
    I'll be ordering the second card for the ptsb.
    Don't be so precious lads, it's not like I offended your first born.
    It's a service that used to be more suited to my needs before they introduced ridiculous charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Haven't upset me in the slightest, your stupidity has cost you money, which certainly appears to have upset you. Merely pointing out the reasons for it and a suggestion as to how you can avoid it.

The monthly limit doesn't apply to purchases (or is a significantly higher limit, in the thousands) so that should still work for you.

As I said I used it as a backup if the wife has the ptsb card.
    Up until recently it was handy when In certain situations I needed to purchase something or pay something when herself is elsewhere with the ptsb.
    I'll be ordering the second card for the ptsb.
    Don't be so precious lads, it's not like I offended your first born.
    It's a service that used to be more suited to my needs before they introduced ridiculous charges.

Haven't upset me at all, just wish people understood what they were using before complaining about a product/service, you carry on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Do I need to have the money on the revolut card before making online purchases? Or will it take it it of my bank account like PayPal does?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Do I need to have the money on the revolut card before making online purchases? Or will it take it it of my bank account like PayPal does?
    It's a debit card so you need to have funds loaded onto the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

your stupidity

Cut this nonsense, both of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

That's 2% every time.

The new limit is terrible for the card, hardly worth it now! At least the buying with card is still there.
    But if you got charged 5euro on 270, then you must have already exceeded your limit before that. Your frst 200 is still free, for whatever that is worth.. :( :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

App update today, promising something good in next few days.

Hope it's not the full roll-out of the chat bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

The new limit is terrible for the card, hardly worth it now! At least the buying with card is still there.
    But if you got charged 5euro on 270, then you must have already exceeded your limit before that. Your frst 200 is still free, for whatever that is worth.. :( :rolleyes:

Use your irish card for irish purchases. Stick to the threshold amount for cash withdrawals. Otherwise, use the revolut card for online purchases and other purchases via the card itself (not cash withdrawals).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

The Revolut card's strength is in its use for foreign exchange and non Euro online purchases.

I don't use it at home for any Euro purchasing or at ATMs. I load the card to match my immediate needs, so it's not particularly useful as a day-to-day back-up anyway.

No card is the all-singing, all-dancing answer to every financial transaction.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

After today's update I see my limits have reset back to zero again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Here's hoping for Apple Pay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Dardania wrote: »

"Set up Apple Pay" is listed in the options in the 'Top Up' menu. Is that new or was that always there (never use it so haven't noticed this before)?

Dardania wrote: »

"Set up Apple Pay" is listed in the options in the 'Top Up' menu. Is that new or was that always there (never use it so haven't noticed this before)?

That might be to pay in to your Revolut account - in which case it existed.
    I'm hoping for paying using Revolut via Apple Pay.

There's a similar service to Revolut in the UK that uses Apple Pay right? So it is possible?

There was talk of Revolut needing to be an actual bank before they could bring it in, but not sure how true that is?

• Advertisement

There's a similar service to Revolut in the UK that uses Apple Pay right? So it is possible?

There was talk of Revolut needing to be an actual bank before they could bring it in, but not sure how true that is?
    boon by wirecard? But in France...
    I believe wirecard were (if not still) Revolut's credit processor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement