Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

There's a similar service to Revolut in the UK that uses Apple Pay right? So it is possible?

There was talk of Revolut needing to be an actual bank before they could bring it in, but not sure how true that is?

So what's the advantage of applepay vs. a contactless revolut card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

There's a similar service to Revolut in the UK that uses Apple Pay right? So it is possible?

There was talk of Revolut needing to be an actual bank before they could bring it in, but not sure how true that is?

So what's the advantage of applepay vs. a contactless revolut card?
    convenience while being a prat!
    Smaller wallet also...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Dardania wrote: »
    convenience while being a prat!
    Smaller wallet also...
    Ok, so if I understand this correctly - it's contactless but using your phone whereas the card (for small purchases) can be contactless but with the card?

I'm wondering is it just the prat factor that remains then!? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Tried to add it to Android Pay there and paid €1 for the privelage of seeing it fail! I imagine I'll get it back in a day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

Quackster wrote: »
    Withdraw dollars from one of those ATMs at Dublin Airport and your card will be charged in euros at a horrendous exchange rate so it would negate the purpose of Revolut.

I've gone to England 3 times in the last year and withdrawn Sterling from the ATM after customs in dublin airport. Came from my sterling balance. I presumed dollars would work the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I've gone to England 3 times in the last year and withdrawn Sterling from the ATM after customs in dublin airport. Came from my sterling balance. I presumed dollars would work the same
    The difference is withdrawing at a FeX ATM in Dublin versus a local one in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Sono

Did you pay any charges for the withdrawal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

Sono wrote: »
    Did you pay any charges for the withdrawal?

Last time I went was December 9th last year and I withdrew 250£ and didn't pay any fees. Only had a balance in sterling so I couldn't get charged in euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

When did they officially add Android pay? Just topped up by 35 there, handy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

When I try to topup Revolut card it's telling me.. "oops you're top up request has been declined by your bank" anyone know why this is? ... I did receive a new Service card from my bank about 4 weeks ago but never activated it, could this be the reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I got my back up card yesterday.

I played with the thing that the card comes in for a good 10 minutes. It's like some sort of magic haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I got my back up card yesterday.

I played with the thing that the card comes in for a good 10 minutes. It's like some sort of magic haha.

Definitely did this when I joined up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

When I try to topup Revolut card it's telling me.. "oops you're top up request has been declined by your bank" anyone know why this is? ... I did receive a new Service card from my bank about 4 weeks ago but never activated it, could this be the reason?

Which bank are you with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

zbluebirdz wrote: »
    Which bank are you with?

It's OK I got it sorted but I have another problem I accidentally deleted my original Revolut card, (was able to get a spare virtual one) is there any way I can enable it? there's no support on the app at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

In the currency part, I can't seem to remove currencies from my list. There is only a + sign to add them. Anyone know how to remove a currency?

I'm talking about the exchange section

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

MarkY91 wrote: »
    In the currency part, I can't seem to remove currencies from my list. There is only a + sign to add them. Anyone know how to remove a currency?

I'm talking about the exchange section

Can only speak for IOS version but you just swipe to the left and it will allow you delete the ones you no longer want

9D53DDCB-7559-44A2-BF4F-9343FB150E43_zpsw7jlr7qw.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

New Sterling 'current' accounts

This is going to be VERY handy for me. It effectively means I can cut out Pay with Fire (or 'Fire' as it is now) for accepting payments from the UK

EUR and USD accounts on the way apparently

http://revolutapp.tumblr.com/post/156938742072/introducing-revolut-current-accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Dodge wrote: »

This is going to be VERY handy for me. It effectively means I can cut out Pay with Fire (or 'Fire' as it is now) for accepting payments from the UK

http://revolutapp.tumblr.com/post/156938742072/introducing-revolut-current-accounts

My name is not displayed under "Beneficiary", but rather Revolut's name.

Maybe this is only rolled up for UK customers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

I just got my card the other day, have my first trip to the states in 2 weeks to use it. Just some advice needed - is it better to load up cash and transfer it to dollars on the app, or if I just leave it in Euro and use the card over there is it the same difference?

I've already tried to use the app to bring sterling home from the UK to my Irish account, but ran into difficulties so I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do that too

• Advertisement

Amouar wrote: »
    My name is not displayed under "Beneficiary", but rather Revolut's name.

Maybe this is only rolled up for UK customers?

I'm not a UK customer and my name is listed. Might need an app update? The IBAN option hasn't changed. Just the local part. That's fine with me

Lustrum wrote: »
    I just got my card the other day, have my first trip to the states in 2 weeks to use it. Just some advice needed - is it better to load up cash and transfer it to dollars on the app, or if I just leave it in Euro and use the card over there is it the same difference?

I've already tried to use the app to bring sterling home from the UK to my Irish account, but ran into difficulties so I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do that too

The only difference is the rate. If you move it to dollars, you get the rate you moved it at

If you wait, you get the exchange rate at time of purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

To me a current account is not a current account unless you can do direct debits and standing orders. This is not possible today.

Interesting that Revolut say:
    Coming soon to Revolut current accounts…
    Direct debits
    Savings
    Credit
    Personal IBANs for EUR and USD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

It is currently only live with iOS as there were issues with the android app.

This is from Revolut support.

Indeed Sir, we had issues with google with a release of new version. It will be settled soon and you will be able to update your app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

IBANS for EUR and USD?

Brilliant.

Apple Pay surely around the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

IBANS for EUR and USD?

Brilliant.

Apple Pay surely around the corner.

probably the issue with google and the latest update .:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

The updated android app is now live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Just noticed monthly withdrawals have been reduced from 650 to 200. Had planned using this while in USA in the summer. Had planned to withdraw the max while avoiding the 2 percent fee. Does anyone know if cash back is classed as withdrawing and can you get cash back in the USA?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This has been flagged since December, new customers that signed up after 2nd Dec have had those limits since then, the rest of us had the 650 limit till mid February or if you accepted their new T&C then your limits were reduced to €200 from then. Mine reduced yesterday as I had to accept their new t&c to avail of the new U.K. Bank account option.

Regarding cash back, don't think this has ever been an option with Revolut card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yeah a shop in Ireland refused me cash back, saying it was a credit card. Sigh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement