Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

has anyone had their id verified without using a passport or driving license

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

irishgeo wrote: »
    I don't think it's covered by the fraud guarantee like other cards. I rarely keep anything more than about 100 euro in mine for just such reasons.

Alright good to know, bit concerning if anyone is holding much money in there or getting wages or anything in.

There was 9 or 10 withdrawal attempts in the space of 10 minutes totaling over 1700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What's the distance limit on the 'Location Based Security' does anyone know?

Is it just in the same city or does it have to be in the vicinity of the card?

I'd like to turn this on for extra security when I'm on holidays but like being freed from my mobile phone when on holidays so like to leave it in the safe in the hotel.

If the phone is 5 miles away or whatever will transactions go through or are we talking a 10m buffer or something?

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

Not very far; I was in the UK recently, with location security on, and had a transaction declined in a Boots, that was located in a basement unit of a shopping centre. I most likely didn't have a connection to the nearest cell tower, but would have had in the previous 10 minutes or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

What's the distance limit on the 'Location Based Security' does anyone know?

Is it just in the same city or does it have to be in the vicinity of the card?

I'd like to turn this on for extra security when I'm on holidays but like being freed from my mobile phone when on holidays so like to leave it in the safe in the hotel.

If the phone is 5 miles away or whatever will transactions go through or are we talking a 10m buffer or something?

It seems more like a gimmick and I wouldn't trust it in particular if I didn't have my phone in my pocket.
    What I would presume most criminals would try and do now is do as many contactless payment as possible.
    I'd say your safest method but most reliable security is turn contactless off

• Advertisement

I asked the support and the first answer I got back was that one you were in the same country you'll be grand so leaving the phone at the hotel would be fine.

However then she said "but please remember the terminal sometimes reads your card location as the UK because of the issuer of the card so it is good to have it disabled and then enable it later".

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Revolut quietly removed GBP current accounts in the latest iOS version.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

soirish wrote: »
    Revolut quietly removed GBP current accounts in the latest iOS version.

My still seem to be showing, if you mean the ability to create a GBP acc, then that was gone in the last update also. It seems that option was only there for a few weeks and those that created the UK account still have access to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Anyone have any issues with ATMs or POS in Germany? Going next week for a few days and want to mostly use the Revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My still seem to be showing, if you mean the ability to create a GBP acc, then that was gone in the last update also. It seems that option was only there for a few weeks and those that created the UK account still have access to it.

Yep, I still have mine. Will find out if it still works in a couple of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

I no longer seem to get instant notification (via the app) upon making a transaction?

I no longer seem to get instant notification (via the app) upon making a transaction?

How long has this been happening? My last transaction was Wednesday and I got an instant notification then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Aquos76 wrote: »

Yep, I still have mine. Will find out if it still works in a couple of weeks

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I got an instant notification a few mins ago on mine

How long has this been happening? My last transaction was Wednesday and I got an instant notification then.

Last transaction to show up on the app was 10th January. However, I have to qualify that by saying that I have not tended to use Revolut all that much in the past while (used it heavily last year when I was overseas). The remaining amount seems to update but no notification of specific transactions.

I always thought this was a great security feature (i.e. it alerts you in real time to transaction activity) and also a great record of what you've been spending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,046 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Looking forward to using mine in the US of A, hopefully it'll work OK, have traditional card on standby anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Last transaction to show up on the app was 10th January. However, I have to qualify that by saying that I have not tended to use Revolut all that much in the past while (used it heavily last year when I was overseas). The remaining amount seems to update but no notification of specific transactions.

I always thought this was a great security feature (i.e. it alerts you in real time to transaction activity) and also a great record of what you've been spending.

Lost the instant notifications via the app months ago - tried a few suggestions (including re-installing) from support but nothing worked. I just log on to the app and can see my transactions there now. It was a useful feature but I did see elsewhere that a few people lost them around the same time I did.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I just log on to the app and can see my transactions there now. It was a useful feature but I did see elsewhere that a few people lost them around the same time I did.

My scenario is that little bit more screwed up - in that I don't get the notifications - nor do I see the transactions within the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,465 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It was definitely still working as of yesterday anyway.

I'd like a confirmation page as you top up, accidentally added another 0 when topping up the other day, pressed done and it was too late. It would be no harm to give you a chance to review. Also there's no indication it's failed if you're out of Internet coverage or something like I was in Heathrow the other day. Kept going through the process and had no way of knowing had the top up failed or not without going and checking my balance. And even then I wasn't sure if it was just being slow to complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

My scenario is that little bit more screwed up - in that I don't get the notifications - nor do I see the transactions within the app.

Well, that's a lot worse! How do you know where you stand with payments and top-ups etc? I assume you don't have the feature where you can analyse and track what you've spent? I'd hate that TBH.

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Well, that's a lot worse! How do you know where you stand with payments and top-ups etc? I assume you don't have the feature where you can analyse and track what you've spent? I'd hate that TBH.

I had that feature - just like I had the notifications...but don't anymore. However, the running balance is the only thing now that seems to update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't use it for non-cash transactions. Are you sure you've activated it properly? Can only be activated in certain ATMs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »
    Support have always been a negative when it comes to Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Apparently this is on the way soon! Hopefully Android Pay isnt far behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Nice one! Fair play Revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It seems all new Revolut accounts need to have ID verified before use ,that's a very backward step ,before you only needed to verify after topping up by 1000 euro .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It seems all new Revolut accounts need to have ID verified before use ,that's a very backward step ,before you only needed to verify after topping up by 1000 euro .

Presumably comes with the territory in getting their own licence. KYC requirements etc

Verification takes no time at all, don't see it as a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Presumably comes with the territory in getting their own licence. KYC requirements etc

Verification takes no time at all, don't see it as a big deal.

The main drawback is your address is locked so changing it for using Parcel Motel /Parcel Wizard is messy .
    You have to contact support to manually change it .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement