Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kennek1

Hi Guys

Please help me out. I am in China at the moment and need to take cash out from my revoult card. It won't late me. I already took €200 out last week but what I thought is I can take more out but I would just be charged 2% extra.

Can someone explain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Have you checked the security features to see what you've enabled/disabled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Kennek1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Please help me out. I am in China at the moment and need to take cash out from my revoult card. It won't late me. I already took €200 out last week but what I thought is I can take more out but I would just be charged 2% extra.

Can someone explain?
    Revolut isn't stopping you. It may be the ATM won't accept some foreign issued cards. This is an issue in China. Try different bank machines if you can

(And as above make sure your settings allow it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Kennek1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Can someone explain?

Bank of China ATM's always worked for me. Others were hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Oh, and some ATM's in China have the numbers the wrong way round on the keypad 987... instead of 123...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Bank of China usually works as does Agricultural Bank of China. ICBC should work too - it did for me as recently as last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Hi all.does anyone know how to add revolut to Parcel Motel?Tried everything(Eircode,no EC etc.) no joy.Just wont let me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I just had money taken from my account for membership of a website that definitely want me. I had ecommerce disabled in teh security feature. I havent managed to get through to chat yet. Has this happened to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

I just had money taken from my account for membership of a website that definitely want me. I had ecommerce disabled in teh security feature. I havent managed to get through to chat yet. Has this happened to anyone else.

If you were a member of the site previously they might have set you up with a recurring payment.

I had this happen to me recently. I bought a domain with GoDaddy last year with my Revolut card. I didn't use the domain so didn't bother about the renewal emails. When the renewal date came around GoDaddy were able to charge my Disabled Revolut card.

When I contacted Revolut they said "if the auto-subscription for godaddy has been already on, it will charge you back to the authorisation even though ecommerce is disabled".
    They said there was nothing they could do and to contact the vendor.

So my tactic now is to keep my card disabled, and only lodge money to it just prior to needing it. It's not something I'm too worried about but I assumed that Disabled meant the card couldn't be used at all.

If you've never used the site before though then the above isn't relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭irelandrover

If you were a member of the site previously they might have set you up with a recurring payment.

I had this happen to me recently. I bought a domain with GoDaddy last year with my Revolut card. I didn't use the domain so didn't bother about the renewal emails. When the renewal date came around GoDaddy were able to charge my Disabled Revolut card.

When I contacted Revolut they said "if the auto-subscription for godaddy has been already on, it will charge you back to the authorisation even though ecommerce is disabled".

So my tactic now is to keep my card disabled, and only lodge money to it just prior to needing it. It's not something I'm too worried about but I assumed that Disabled meant the card couldn't be used at all.

ive never used the site before. checked the card and there was 2 charges to different websites in 7 days. looking at the websites they have the exact same page so its definitely a scam. very worrying since ecommerce payments were disabled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

ive never used the site before. checked the card and there was 2 charges to different websites in 7 days. looking at the websites they have the exact same page so its definitely a scam. very worrying since ecommerce payments were disabled
    Maybe this is someone sitting at a terminal, typing in codes, rather than ecommerce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Anyone signed up for the Premium for one month and have any hassles cancelling?

Thinking about doing it for an upcoming trip simply to avail of the €400 ATM withdrawals... and maybe the medical insurance.

mrcheez wrote: »

Thinking about doing it for an upcoming trip simply to avail of the €400 ATM withdrawals... and maybe the medical insurance.

Why would you not just pay the 2% fee on the additional 200?!

Why would you not just pay the 2% fee on the additional 200?!

Because I can avoid it by clicking a button? ;)

Also the medical insurance might be handy, although I'll be getting travel insurance anyway. Can't have too much.

I don't get it - you said maybe the travel insurance might interest you so let's discard that for now. (It's really just travel insurance, which you're getting anyway, not health insurance)

Pay 8 euro for a month's premium and get your extra 200 quid "for free" or pay 2% on your extra 200 quid, which is 4 euro...

What am I not getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

premium is a 12 mth contract afaik

premium is a 12 mth contract afaik

Is it? OK I'll leave it in that case... thought it was like Amazon Prime and you can cancel if you don't like it after the first free month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Was told it's too late when I asked before the free month was up, but I still haven't been charged. Haven't downloaded the Premium app either.

Rewired wrote: »
    Was told it's too late when I asked before the free month was up, but I still haven't been charged. Haven't downloaded the Premium app either.

Hmm, seems to be available on my app.

Sent support a query anyway and if it's available with no hassle to cancel then I might go for it. Nice to know I have some extra medical for 0 cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Because I can avoid it by clicking a button? ;)

Also the medical insurance might be handy, although I'll be getting travel insurance anyway. Can't have too much.

Actually you can have too much. You do realise that you couldn't claim on two policies?

• Advertisement

Actually you can have too much. You do realise that you couldn't claim on two policies?

You can get cheaper travel insurance to just cover baggage, and use the Revolut one to cover medical. Seems like a win win.

What's with the negativity about getting a freebie?

You can get cheaper travel insurance to just cover baggage, and use the Revolut one to cover medical. Seems like a win win.

What's with the negativity about getting a freebie?

It's not a freebie if you're paying for it? People pointing out some info isn't them being negative

It's your choice

Bizarre. You're not paying for it as you get 30 days free and can cancel before they charge.

What am I not getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You only have 14 days to cancel not 30!

Your first month might be free but you only have the usual 14 days right to cancel, not the full period you are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

I see they don't even have a ruddy support email address any more. Now that a bot is being used for 'support', how long do people have to wait once they input 'live agent'?

Tried a couple of times - but waiting so long had to give up.

You only have 14 days to cancel not 30!

Your first month might be free but you only have the usual 14 days right to cancel, not the full period you are free.

Grand thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Now that a bot is being used for 'support', how long do people have to wait once they input 'live agent'?

I've waited up to six hours, and never less than one hour. I've been wondering if there is only ever one "live agent" on duty, who just happens to be the guy or girl who's also responsible for fixing their server problems. The bot is completely useless - it can only answer questions that are already answered in the FAQ. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

I've waited up to six hours, and never less than one hour. I've been wondering if there is only ever one "live agent" on duty, who just happens to be the guy or girl who's also responsible for fixing their server problems. The bot is completely useless - it can only answer questions that are already answered in the FAQ. :mad:

Support has always been their downfall. I can't see why they can't leave a support email address in place :-(

Quick check there and I've used support twice

1) waiting 5 mins, took 12 mins to complete

2) waiting 2 mins, took 93 mins to complete

Seems like I've been very lucky (even if I thought 90 minutes was way too long)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Yesterday, 2.55pm - "Please wait while I transfer you to an agent"
    Today, 5.18pm - "Hello, sorry for the long wait, we are facing extreme demand on chat"

26+ hours, not bad, not bad at all...............:eek::eek::eek:

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement