Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

That's just it, it worked on contactless then as petrol was €50, I put in my pin and it was refused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I am also but I only changed my card on it in the past week as I moved from AIB to PTSB. I put it down to that as I have only done 2 top ups since the change. It was a pain as I forgot my verified by visa password.

Yeah, this happened to my OH too - he also recently upgraded his expired card in the app. He forgot the Verifed by Visa password and then couldn't renew it as (apparently) the security feature said he'd inputted the wrong street he lived in when he was born! I know his memory isn't the best, but I don't think it was that bad! Luckily, he found the original password after a long search.

He has to enter his CVC code every time now too - what the heck is the matter with Revolut? As for the so-called Support ... must be taking tips from Ryanair in an effort to get us to pay for the premium version :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

That's just it, it worked on contactless then as petrol was €50, I put in my pin and it was refused.

Contactless can sometimes work with no credit, it doesn't get debited until later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone have a fix for the notifications not working?

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Anyone else having a problem with Revolut top-ups and having to enter the CVC code every time?

I had to update my expired bank card in the Revolut App and went through the re-verification process with no problem. However, I now have to enter the CVC number every time, which then triggers the Verified-by-Visa security feature and another password step. This is a real PITA!

I got on to support - boy, but that is a painful experience all on its own! Twenty minutes (at least) between every response and most of those not actually answering the question at all. In the end, after a protracted period of about 4 hours for the process, the reply I got stated that I would have to continue to enter the security code for now but 'you will not need to enter it after some time'!

Further to this CVC problem for anyone else affected. I've received a reply via social media to the effect that having to enter the CVC code is part of normal security when cards are updated or first validated, but that the need to do so will eventually 'disappear'. No indication of when that might be.

Seems very strange to me. Either it's necessary for the duration or it's not and I've been a Revolut customer for almost 2 years, so I'm hardly an unknown risk. Makes a bit of a nonsense of the validation process IMO.

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    Anyone have a fix for the notifications not working?

Mine haven't been working for a long time (Android) and when I queried it I was told to try uninstalling the app and re-installing. Since there was no guarantee this would actually work, and I didn't want to find that I perhaps had to go through all the security start-up stuff again, I opted to do without them.

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone re-installed the app and found it did the trick?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Mine haven't been working for a long time (Android) and when I queried it I was told to try uninstalling the app and re-installing. Since there was no guarantee this would actually work, and I didn't want to find that I perhaps had to go through all the security start-up stuff again, I opted to do without them.

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone re-installed the app and found it did the trick?

Did you try deleting the app data and cache? You'll just have to re-enter your mobile number and the PIN that's then texted to you.

Quackster wrote: »
    Did you try deleting the app data and cache? You'll just have to re-enter your mobile number and the PIN that's then texted to you.

Haven't tried that fully yet - I empty the cache regularly for all apps as I need to keep on top of space used on my phone.

Excuse my ignorance, but would deleting app data allow me to retain/retrieve the financial history and analytics when I log in again? I suppose it's probably stored via Revolut itself rather than on my phone?

Another quick "fix" before you uninstall, just log out and log back in again. I've seen a suggestion that Huawei has too aggressive a power management. I changed my settings, (by default set for videos and gamers) to standard to try that but that is just as my phone is Huawei. Haven't made a transaction yet though.

As an aside, another app I had was not working right and I was blaming the app. Turned out it wasn't the actual app but my old Sony Xperia and again its power management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I have my card nearly a year now - will they start charging to use it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Danick wrote: »
    I have my card nearly a year now - will they start charging to use it?

I have mine since Jan16 and no charges.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I have mine since Jan16 and no charges.

Great - thanks!

I have used the Revolut card on UK sites but I have no success with ebay - either through paying by credit card at checkout and adding my Revolut details or by trying to add it to paypal - has anyone else had problems using it on ebay or am I doing something wrong? I just bought an item and its in my basket so I need to sort this out asap.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

@Danick - contact paypal support.

@Danick - contact paypal support.

Thanks - is there an Irish landline number for them or should I just e-mail them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I have used the Revolut card on UK sites but I have no success with ebay - either through paying by credit card at checkout and adding my Revolut details or by trying to add it to paypal - has anyone else had problems using it on ebay or am I doing something wrong? I just bought an item and its in my basket so I need to sort this out asap.

Thanks

I just bought a few items on eBay using PayPal tonight so it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Thanks - is there an Irish landline number for them or should I just e-mail them?
    I had the same problems but it's quite some time ago. I think I mailed them - or used online chat or some such. Just navigate your way through their support section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Regarding the €200 ATM withdrawal per month limit. Does anyone know if going over this and incurring the Revolut fees is still generally cheaper than getting Sterling from a bank or Bureau de Change when you consider all their fees? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Regarding the €200 ATM withdrawal per month limit. Does anyone know if going over this and incurring the Revolut fees is still generally cheaper than getting Sterling from a bank or Bureau de Change when you consider all their fees? Thanks!

It depends on your bank but most of the Irish banks charge 3.5% for foreign withdrawls

Their rates change day to day for cash FX, but it's a fairly safe bet that will cost you more than Revolut withdrawal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just back from 2 weeks in the States and Revolut worked perfect. Had it hooked up to Uber with no problems. Used my ?200 allowance and then upgraded to premium and withdrew 400 then cancelled premium and withdrew 200 again. That was enough cash for me since pretty much everywhere accepts card so I used that alot (swipe and sign). I went with some friends who have revolut also and it was dead easy paying them any money that was owed since I could transfer it over immediately through the app. Like others have said here...when paying for food I paid by card but left a cash tip to save me being doubled charged and waiting for one to be refunded.

• Advertisement

I got my notifications back. I was not getting any including a to do reminder. I went into advanced settings as as you can see below they were switched off to save battery life. I turned the ones I wanted back to on and I've just got my first notification from Revolut (Revolut for Business.)

So if you have a Huawei or for that matter any phone with a built-in battery saver worth delving into settings.

Revolut.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

Hi All I have a charge coming out of my card from Amazon every month for 2.99.
    They say they have no record of it and can't stop it. I have no idea what it's for.
    Can Revolut stop this recurring charge? Not having much joy trying to chat with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

paska wrote: »
    Hi All I have a charge coming out of my card from Amazon every month for 2.99.
    They say they have no record of it and can't stop it. I have no idea what it's for.
    Can Revolut stop this recurring charge? Not having much joy trying to chat with them.

Seems you're not alone, 2.99 sounds like the Kindle fee: https://www.newswirl.com/amazon-digital-svcs-charge/

Edit: Lol, Cortina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Signed up today and topped up the card with the €82 I want to spend online, but when I try to activate the virtual card it asks me to verify my identity so I took the picture of my drivers licence and face and nothing happens so I waited a while and tried again with my passport same thing. Am I missing something here? Do I need to get the physical card to have the virtual? Also, I got the 4 digit code my bank statement but can't see where to enter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

still no refund, 45 days for chargeback. the countdown is on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I verified with my passport card in a few minutes.

You don't need a physical card. I have one but housemate hasn't.

DGRulz wrote: »
    Signed up today and topped up the card with the €82 I want to spend online, but when I try to activate the virtual card it asks me to verify my identity so I took the picture of my drivers licence and face and nothing happens so I waited a while and tried again with my passport same thing. Am I missing something here? Do I need to get the physical card to have the virtual? Also, I got the 4 digit code my bank statement but can't see where to enter it.

Have spent the morning on Twitter DMing the Revolut reps there. Took ages to get back to me and when they did they tried to fob me off to Support in app which is just automated responses and their "live agent" has a waiting period for 20+ mins.

Asked my for the usual 4 photos so I sent them with my Public Services card, they claim its not a National ID, but given its issued by the DOSW I would have thought it was?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

They'll have a list. Revolut accepted my Passport card but N26 wouldn't accept it.

DGRulz wrote: »
    Asked my for the usual 4 photos so I sent them with my Public Services card, they claim its not a National ID, but given its issued by the DOSW I would have thought it was?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement