Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

And it looks like it's now insisting I verify it. :(

Will that take long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

15 mins? Do it before they close for the evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Trying to top up but keep getting a message saying "top up is unsuccessful" can't get through to support, there's no where to type in my issue, a pop up tell me to go premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Trying to top up but keep getting a message saying "top up is unsuccessful" can't get through to support, there's no where to type in my issue, a pop up tell me to go premium.

If you're using Android you need to update the app to the latest version v4.5.6 They had a bug causing top-up problems. If you're on iOS...can't help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    If you're using Android you need to update the app to the latest version v4.5.6 They had a bug causing top-up problems. If you're on iOS...can't help you.

That worked, thanks... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Declined twice yesterday afternoon. Tried support but the four hour wait time meant it finished before they got to me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Had money stolen from mine this week (€200), I still have the card and have no idea how they got the details. I haven't used it in over a year apart from depositing last week really) and somehow they were taking money from my account in Havana in Cuba! Never been there.

Had to wait 5 hours for support to reply, and they could not help as the money was still pending. When it was completed I spend another 5 hours waiting for a reply and they sent me a chargeback form link which does not work can't click it) and they don't have support at the weekend so am waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Had to wait 5 hours for support to reply, and they could not help as the money was still pending. When it was completed I spend another 5 hours waiting for a reply and they sent me a chargeback form link which does not work can't click it) and they don't have support at the weekend so am waiting.
    Support is the biggest issue with them. I got a mail from them ref. crowdfunding - they say they've raised $66 million in a 2nd round of funding. Surely if there's a business here, there has to be enough margin for them to provide some semblance of support - as what they've got is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's worse than I thought, there are dozens of failed and successful withdrawals on my revolut account history anot not once has revolut mentioned it.

That is shocking. How can dozens of failed withdrawals in a row now flag anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ive my Revolut card linked to my Paypal and been able to use it for gambling. Top up card as normal. And just deposit to gambling site via paypal using Revolut card to fund deposit.

• Advertisement

Tristram wrote: »
    Declined twice yesterday afternoon. Tried support but the four hour wait time meant it finished before they got to me.

Contacted support this morning and was told to try again. Another failed transaction at terminal today. Now the wait to get on to support again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Contacted support this morning and was told to try again. Another failed transaction at terminal today. Now the wait to get on to support again.

Contacted support today very quick response.

gizmo81 wrote: »

Efforts to date have had waits of:
    2 hours
    4 hours
    48 hours
    minutes
    2 hours

Needless to say I didn't imagine I would have any cause to contact having only joined a week ago, and definitely not so many times.

Efforts to date have had waits of:
    2 hours
    4 hours
    48 hours
    minutes
    2 hours

Needless to say I didn't imagine I would have any cause to contact having only joined a week ago, and definitely not so many times.

That's mad. Had a bit of a wait last week but nothing like that.

Hope you get it sorted.

That's mad. Had a bit of a wait last week but nothing like that.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks. Hopefully I'm getting all the problems I'll ever have out of the way in the first fortnight!

Thanks. Hopefully I'm getting all the problems I'll ever have out of the way in the first fortnight!

Have it since March no major issues, contacted today because statements missing so just had to log out and in again.

Last week Ticketmaster USA rejected a transaction but support told me some merchants don't accept these types of cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

You got lucky!

Checked my account now and there have been 51 fraudulent transactions on it in the last few months, 41 failed as there was no money in my account. Revolut never even sent a notification or contacted me, that's ridiculous. 41 transactions in foreign countries where most of them failed, and not one thing noticed by them!

Checked my account now and there have been 51 fraudulent transactions on it in the last few months, 41 failed as there was no money in my account. Revolut never even sent a notification or contacted me, that's ridiculous. 41 transactions in foreign countries where most of them failed, and not one thing noticed by them!

My phone notifies me every time a transactions happens, even failed ones. Have you notifications turned off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,302 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you card details get stolen?

• Advertisement

My phone notifies me every time a transactions happens, even failed ones. Have you notifications turned off?
    I get notifications fine for transactions I have been doing (have done some on amazon etc and it comes up instantly), but am getting nothing for the ones from the people stealing/failing to steal.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you card details get stolen?

Seems to have been, as they are withdrawing cash and I still have my card. I'm guessing it was stolen somehow.

I get notifications fine for transactions I have been doing (have done some on amazon etc and it comes up instantly), but am getting nothing for the ones from the people stealing/failing to steal.

Seems to have been, as they are withdrawing cash and I still have my card. I'm guessing it was stolen somehow.

So transactions are showing up on your statement that aren't showing up in recent transactions nor are being notified to you?

And does your balance reflect the amounts taken?

The transactions are showing in my history, I just didn't get a notification for them, which is really strange. Yeah the money has all been taken.

The only thing that seems to have failed is getting notifications. And also of course revolut not copping on that money was being stolen, any one of those transactions would have been flagged by my bank.

The transactions are showing in my history, I just didn't get a notification for them, which is really strange. Yeah the money has all been taken.

The only thing that seems to have failed is getting notifications. And also of course revolut not copping on that money was being stolen, any one of those transactions would have been flagged by my bank.

It's rather unusual that not only was your card skimmed that they are able to disable notifications for certain transactions. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Really does sound odd. I get notified about everything, including card getting pre-authorised for stuff.

I don't think it's solely up to them to spot faulty transactions btw. If you have money in an account I wouldn't just leave it there

Yes I get all those notifications usually too. I never really leave money in there, over months they managed to only steal $300, $200 of which was at once when i just put money in this week and noticed it was taken. They mostly stole the small amounts left over after spending my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

That is really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hope you get sorted too, not a nice feeling at all. Was going to sign up to this for a trip to the us, but think I will leave it, too risky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anybody getting emails asking them if they want to invest in Revolut as a Seedr?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The missus and I are more or less done with Revolut at this stage. It's ok for the odd Amazon buy here and there but for a daily use card it's unreliable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement