Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Suckit wrote: »
    Anybody getting emails asking them if they want to invest in Revolut as a Seedr?

Yes but it won't let me pre register

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Suckit wrote: »
    Anybody getting emails asking them if they want to invest in Revolut as a Seedr?

Yes but it won't let me pre register
    I have not tried, but i have about 6 emails asking me to do it. I just thought that was odd. I also have Skrill asking me to try their new card, and look out for investments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

New card on the way. Hopefully be on track once it arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Does anyone know how long does it take to top up revolut via bank transfer using the new personalised iban system? Last type I topped up I used their Loyd bank account with the personal reference code and if I transferred on Friday, it would show on Monday. Now I transferred on Thursday and nothing showed up still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

j4vier wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long does it take to top up revolut via bank transfer using the new personalised iban system? Last type I topped up I used their Loyd bank account with the personal reference code and if I transferred on Friday, it would show on Monday. Now I transferred on Thursday and nothing showed up still.

If you transferred it Thursday before the cut-off of your bank it should have been there Friday, after the cut-off than Monday.

You might want to check if your bank actually processed the transfer, some banks have problems with the IBAN/BIC combination where the IBAN is LT but the BIC is UK so in line with SEPA standards they can't process it. Some banks allow you to do it but than realize the error and don't process the transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Savman wrote: »
    The missus and I are more or less done with Revolut at this stage. It's ok for the odd Amazon buy here and there but for a daily use card it's unreliable.

I never thought it was suitable for daily use. It's fine for travelling and online shopping but that's it.

If you transferred it Thursday before the cut-off of your bank it should have been there Friday, after the cut-off than Monday.

You might want to check if your bank actually processed the transfer, some banks have problems with the IBAN/BIC combination where the IBAN is LT but the BIC is UK so in line with SEPA standards they can't process it. Some banks allow you to do it but than realize the error and don't process the transfer.

I think it could have been after the cutoff on thursday so maybe it went on Friday, still I would have expected it to show up by yesterday evening. On my BOI account the money is gone, would it not be transferred back to my account if they couldn't process it?

j4vier wrote: »
    I think it could have been after the cutoff on thursday so maybe it went on Friday, still I would have expected it to show up by yesterday evening. On my BOI account the money is gone, would it not be transferred back to my account if they couldn't process it?

If they processed it Friday it would have been on your account Monday morning (at least in my experience).

I would suggest you check that you used the correct details and if you did, query it with BOI.

It's a SEPA transfer, it would have to been there next business day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Has anyone with Revolut successfully applied for a mortgage in Ireland?

Concerned that they're going to ask me for all my Revolut transactions seeing as I top it up fairly regularly (mostly to send money to friends, spending money while in the UK, buy online in sterling/USD etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Has anyone with Revolut successfully applied for a mortgage in Ireland?

Concerned that they're going to ask me for all my Revolut transactions seeing as I top it up fairly regularly (mostly to send money to friends, spending money while in the UK, buy online in sterling/USD etc).
    They all seem legimate expenses. It's anything going to online betting I'd be worried about.

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    They all seem legimate expenses. It's anything going to online betting I'd be worried about.

Yeah I've never gambled online.

But should I be expected to print off my Revolut statement and provide these? Has anyone had to do similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yeah I've never gambled online.

But should I be expected to print off my Revolut statement and provide these? Has anyone had to do similar?

One you explain what Revolut is, I'd assume it's a reasonable ask for them to enquire what you use it for and can you evidence what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 amecullen

I am having the same problem. Last time used the Lloyd bank setup, took 2 days. This time, with the promise of NEXT DAY transfers, setup the new € account in BOI, transferred money before the cutoff on Friday. Contacted Revolt Monday, waited 10 hours for a response. Eventually got through to a real person yesterday who took the details and sent them to their payment processor, still waiting for the money and an answer. Their answer is "we are still working on improving our EUR transfers". Has anyone got this working with an Irish bank?

Little point in having a prepaid card if you can't load it with money, Revolut seem focussed on signing up new customers, but their reliability and lack of customer support are completely unacceptable for a fin tech company.

amecullen wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. Last time used the Lloyd bank setup, took 2 days. This time, with the promise of NEXT DAY transfers, setup the new € account in BOI, transferred money before the cutoff on Friday. Contacted Revolt Monday, waited 10 hours for a response. Eventually got through to a real person yesterday who took the details and sent them to their payment processor, still waiting for the money and an answer. Their answer is "we are still working on improving our EUR transfers". Has anyone got this working with an Irish bank?

Little point in having a prepaid card if you can't load it with money, Revolut seem focussed on signing up new customers, but their reliability and lack of customer support are completely unacceptable for a fin tech company.

PTSB to LT IBAN was there next day for me.

I still think that BOI might have a problem with the IBAN/BIC combination. I would check with BOI.

But you are right, CS is not the best with Revolut.

There are some reports out in other forums that while previous transactions were credited in hours (modern banks) to days (old banks) several users are now facing the same issue that credits are not happening.

I signed up to Revolut Premium trial.

Purely just to see what their "24/7 dedicated premium support" was like.

It's more or less the exact same - chat bot, wait a few hours for a human to reply, and having to type your issue out again.

Cancelled it after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Has anyone had success linking a paypal account to revolut current account for withdrawl?

There are some reports out in other forums that while previous transactions were credited in hours (modern banks) to days (old banks) several users are now facing the same issue that credits are not happening.

Well this is worrying

Mine was just lodged now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I'm using Revolut for the first time today, had problems with verification but a customer support analyst helped out and got me over that hurdle.

I tried to top up from a debit card but when I hit the Top Up button nothing happens. There is no verification that the transfer is happening or has happened and there is no error message either. I've put a request in with customer support but have heard nothing yet.

Can anybody tell me what should happen in the app after the Top Up button is hit ?

I tried a few time so I hope the amount is not being transferred for each time I tried...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

I'm using Revolut for the first time today, had problems with verification but a customer support analyst helped out and got me over that hurdle.

I tried to top up from a debit card but when I hit the Top Up button nothing happens. There is no verification that the transfer is happening or has happened and there is no error message either. I've put a request in with customer support but have heard nothing yet.

Can anybody tell me what should happen in the app after the Top Up button is hit ?

I tried a few time so I hope the amount is not being transferred for each time I tried...

Should take no more than 10s and topup amount should appear.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Has anyone had success linking a paypal account to revolut current account for withdrawl?

Yeah, I've linked both euro and sterling PayPal accounts to my Revolut.

Looks like the credits to the € IBAN are now rolling in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

First time I tried to use my debit card to top up it failed. I contacted my bank and was told they could see €1 taken out and then returned by Revolut. No doubt for verification purposes but it would have been nice if they put that info. in the details. I waited until the following day and a top up worked. Have done it again since without a problem.
    You should see, in the app, something like "top up by card #(last four digits), time, amount declined"

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    First time I tried to use my debit card to top up it failed. I contacted my bank and was told they could see €1 taken out and then returned by Revolut. No doubt for verification purposes but it would have been nice if they put that info. in the details. I waited until the following day and a top up worked. Have done it again since without a problem.
    You should see, in the app, something like "top up by card #(last four digits), time, amount declined"

I have been able to topup with 10 euro and then later 20 euro but with larger amounts nothing happens ? For the 10 and 20 I got SMS messages sent with an 8 digit code which I had to enter into the app before it topped up.

Is there a limit for a single topup and if there is what is it ? And can you go over that limit by doing multiple topups ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I have been able to topup with 10 euro and then later 20 euro but with larger amounts nothing happens ? For the 10 and 20 I got SMS messages sent with an 8 digit code which I had to enter into the app before it topped up.

Is there a limit for a single topup and if there is what is it ? And can you go over that limit by doing multiple topups ?

Just topped up by 100 - no issues. Have topped up by more than that in the recent past. Never had a problem with limits, though I did experience issues with having to enter the CV code and a verification password every time for a while a few weeks ago. Now sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

Hi

I'm trying to order my physical MasterCard through the app but the only option it gives me is to add a card. This means a cost of €12 (including €6 delivery). I thought it was €6 exclusive of delivery?

I have a virtual card only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

crossvilla wrote: »
    Hi

I'm trying to order my physical MasterCard through the app but the only option it gives me is to add a card. This means a cost of €12 (including €6 delivery). I thought it was €6 exclusive of delivery?

I have a virtual card only.

My housemate had this problem yesterday, he got onto support and they refunded €6.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Just topped up by 100 - no issues. Have topped up by more than that in the recent past. Never had a problem with limits, though I did experience issues with having to enter the CV code and a verification password every time for a while a few weeks ago. Now sorted.

I could get 230 in today but that seems near the limit. I need just a little more to make the purchase. Hopefully can add another 100 or so tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I've been using it a while and added a fair bit more than 200 today. I've never had an issue topping up by debit card, or having money transferred in by sterling

Really hope you get sorted though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement