Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 amecullen

Looks like the credits to the € IBAN are now rolling in.

Having waited several hours yesterday, they told me that their payment processor never received the money from BOI and to get onto my bank.

30 minutes later and just after this post, the money was credited by Revolut to my account.

Yggr which forums were you viewing? They seem more uptodate than Revolut support.

Would appreciate it if anyone using revolut, is willing to recommend a bank/payment method combination, that has consistently and recently worked for them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Davexirl

amecullen wrote: »
    Having waited several hours yesterday, they told me that their payment processor never received the money from BOI and to get onto my bank.

30 minutes later and just after this post, the money was credited by Revolut to my account.

Yggr which forums were you viewing? They seem more uptodate than Revolut support.

Would appreciate it if anyone using revolut, is willing to recommend a bank/payment method combination, that has consistently and recently worked for them ?

I have topped up with my KBC and Ulster Bank debit cards and never any issues. My Revolut account is topped up instantly. I have also started to use Android pay which both cards are linked to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Using Bank of Ireland and it tops-up instantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I use autotopup from a PTSB debit card - works great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

German Forums for frequent travelers who love the card for loads of reasons.

Top-Up via debit card from your Bank is usually the fastest to get money onto it.

But if you want to do bank transfer, bunq usually takes only a couple of hours as both bunq and the LT central bank book continuously during the SEPA windows. N26 is also relatively fast during the 5 payment windows they use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

N26 is also relatively fast during the 5 payment windows they use.

What are their payment windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

crossvilla wrote: »
    Hi

I'm trying to order my physical MasterCard through the app but the only option it gives me is to add a card. This means a cost of €12 (including €6 delivery). I thought it was €6 exclusive of delivery?

I have a virtual card only.

I was having the same problem recently. You have to delete this virtual card then order a physical card as your first free card. You'll still have all the details of the new card in the app so it can be used straight away as a virtual card.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

Thanks

Quite confusing, when it comes to order a card if you already have a virtual you are adding a new card. Never thought adding a physical is a new card to your virtual .. what a modern world we live in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Using Bank of Ireland and it tops-up instantly
    What way are you using you boi account to top up?
    Is there a free way of loading money on to the card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm sure we've all been down this road.... made a bank transfer a few days ago and no sign of it yet. Contacted support ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

I'm sure we've all been down this road.... made a bank transfer a few days ago and no sign of it yet. Contacted support ....

Did a transfer from BOI ( not the fastest!! ) Current A/C on Tue at 19.00 hrs, to my Revolut LITHUANIAN IBAN, was there today at 10 AM.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

dohouch wrote: »
    Did a transfer from BOI ( not the fastest!! ) Current A/C on Tue at 19.00 hrs, to my Revolut LITHUANIAN IBAN, was there today at 10 AM.

So mine was Revolut > KBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

How long does the verification process take? Waiting a couple of hours now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Has anyone checked AIB's rates vs Revolut's rates lately? This morning I bought something online with my AIB MasterCard for £25, and AIB converted this to €28.01. A few seconds later, out of curiosity, I checked the Revolut app to see how much it would cost to buy £25, and it was €27.97. Similarly, I bought something for £10 last month, and the difference was just a couple of cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

carrotcake wrote: »
    Has anyone checked AIB's rates vs Revolut's rates lately? This morning I bought something online with my AIB MasterCard for £25, and AIB converted this to €28.01. A few seconds later, out of curiosity, I checked the Revolut app to see how much it would cost to buy £25, and it was €27.97. Similarly, I bought something for £10 last month, and the difference was just a couple of cents.

As far as I remember when AIB shows pending foreign exchange transactions it does not include the fees. Once the transaction is settled the fees are added.

As far as I remember when AIB shows pending foreign exchange transactions it does not include the fees. Once the transaction is settled the fees are added.
    Maybe that's it. I'll check back in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 amecullen

Thanks everyone for sharing what works.
    I have never been able to get my BOI debit card working, despite many different attempts at reformatting my address.
    I have long been meaning to move my accounts, so KBC it is then
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Just after placing 2 orders on amazon with my revolut card

First order came to £27 and second order £46 so £73 total inc delivery.

£46 order was from amazon themselves, now they took £1 maybe just testing my card I dunno but I used it 2 weeks ago on site so I can't understand. 5mins after they went for full £46 ! Why not less £1? Now I have to top up again so other merchant can collect there money.

I would understand if first time using card but its not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

brendan86 wrote: »

£46 order was from amazon themselves, now they took £1 maybe just testing my card I dunno but I used it 2 weeks ago on site so I can't understand. 5mins after they went for full £46 ! Why not less £1? Now I have to top up again so other merchant can collect there money.

I've seen this behaviour too with Amazon using my revolut. I think it's because it's a prepaid ca
    brendan86 wrote: »

I've seen this behaviour too with Amazon using my revolut. I think it's because it's a prepaid card - so they want to see if it's a kosher card. It never proceeds to debit that pound. It does leave you £1 short in the mean time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

How long does the verification process take? Waiting a couple of hours now.

I heard back quite quickly from the app that it failed. Open a support call through the app asking why and they sort it quite quickly. A couple of hours in total.

• Advertisement

I have been able to topup with 10 euro and then later 20 euro but with larger amounts nothing happens ? For the 10 and 20 I got SMS messages sent with an 8 digit code which I had to enter into the app before it topped up.

Is there a limit for a single topup and if there is what is it ? And can you go over that limit by doing multiple topups ?

Their support got me to delete and reinistall the app. Afterwards I saw a message saying the top up was rejected because there is a rolling 24 hour limit of 250EURO on topups. As soon as the time passed I was able to top up again. Before the reinstall the app silently did nothing and I was in the dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Their support got me to delete and reinistall the app. Afterwards I saw a message saying the top up was rejected because there is a rolling 24 hour limit of 250EURO on topups. As soon as the time passed I was able to top up again. Before the reinstall the app silently did nothing and I was in the dark.

I topped up €400 last week in a single transaction.

I topped up €400 last week in a single transaction.
    They seem to increase the limit the more you use the card to top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

They seem to increase the limit the more you use the card to top up.
    Yes, I have my card over a year and last month I was able to top up by more than €1000...twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Went to use it this week after a long while - and it says now I need provide documentation to topup.

Whats the minimum documentation we Irish can provide them with to enable (small) topups? and the best way of getting it to them. ta.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Went to use it this week after a long while - and it says now I need provide documentation to topup.

Whats the minimum documentation we Irish can provide them with to enable (small) topups? and the best way of getting it to them. ta.

The app does it and gives a choice, I used my driving licence as I had it with me at the time. You're asked to take a photo of the front, then the back and finally a face photo of yourself. The app guides you through all of this.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Further to this CVC problem for anyone else affected. I've received a reply via social media to the effect that having to enter the CVC code is part of normal security when cards are updated or first validated, but that the need to do so will eventually 'disappear'. No indication of when that might be.

Seems very strange to me. Either it's necessary for the duration or it's not and I've been a Revolut customer for almost 2 years, so I'm hardly an unknown risk. Makes a bit of a nonsense of the validation process IMO.
    The CVC requirement disappeared for me today - after I had previously used the card to top up seven times. I also didn't have to do the Verified By Visa step.

Anybody experience of how long a transfer from Revolut to a UK bank takes when doing a conversion from a euro balance ?

The CVC requirement disappeared for me today - after I had previously used the card to top up seven times. I also didn't have to do the Verified By Visa step.
    ...I see now that the CVC requirement has disappeared from all my cards. I had also used two other cards once each, so nine card top-ups in total, plus a good few top-ups by bank transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anybody experience of how long a transfer from Revolut to a UK bank takes when doing a conversion from a euro balance ?

As little as a few minutes. No more than a few hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement