Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Quackster wrote: »
    As little as a few minutes. No more than a few hours.

Did you hold a STG balance in Revolut ?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Did you hold a STG balance in Revolut ?

I just convert euro to sterling and then transfer out. I have my individual UK bank account number activated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

carrotcake wrote: »
    The CVC requirement disappeared for me today - after I had previously used the card to top up seven times. I also didn't have to do the Verified By Visa step.

Yes, gone from mine too for a while now - can't remember how many top-ups I made. It was the Verified bit that annoyed me the most, as I seem to have mental block to remembering that password!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Quackster wrote: »
    I just convert euro to sterling and then transfer out. I have my individual UK bank account number activated.

That makes sense, their FAQ says this way is quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Just tried to convert from euro to GBP and encountered the following:

"Sorry, you've exceeded the number of daily exchange transactions. Please try again later"

No big deal, but just wondering, is this a recent thing? I have been a free user since the beginning, but never have got this message. Did this rule come in when the premium accounts were introduced perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

"Sorry, you've exceeded the number of daily exchange transactions. Please try again later"

No big deal, but just wondering, is this a recent thing? I have been a free user since the beginning, but never have got this message. Did this rule come in when the premium accounts were introduced perhaps?

How many transactions had you made?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wasnt aware that there was a limit of how many daily transactions you could do, I transferred €2,000 in to pounds this week in one go and it went through no bother at all.

Now that brings me on to my next question, I am thinking of upgrading to premium account for my my account and my wife's account, just for the onemonth is all, purely for the extra atm limits, can someone advise, if I withdraw £200 on each account first, and after those withdrawals, upgrade both accounts, will that give us another £400 each withdrawal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Replacement card arrived today. Hopefully better luck this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I heard back quite quickly from the app that it failed. Open a support call through the app asking why and they sort it quite quickly. A couple of hours in total.

Heard back this morning it failed and went through it with customer service and still waiting for it to be authorised. Dreadful customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

just as a side note for people. I used this in the states and it was so handy . however i nearly topped up in dollars. They said they would charge me a fee. Think it was like 1.50 on 40 dollars

you have to top up in euros and then transfer it for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

A recent exchange with the bot. Keep it simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Anyone use contactless on the london underground and how did it work out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Anyone use contactless on the london underground and how did it work out?

Works perfectly, will take a "pre-auth"of a certain amount, and will change you the correct amount at the end of the Business Day (Around 2am)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Same here, it's brilliant for the London Underground. Saves having to top up one of the Oyster cards on a trip to London.

Make sure you've a bit of extra money on the card and not the bare minimum travel fee - think it pre-auths around £12 and gives you back the balance based on where you've traveled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Thanks guys. I'll should have £20 or more on it at all times anyway as I plan on using it for all purchases where possible.

Going for 7 days and will be using the tube throughout so it should be a good option to get the benefit of capping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Anybody else see the option in the app to setup Apple Pay?

I've tried a few times now but it's saying this card is not supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Anybody else see the option in the app to setup Apple Pay?

If its like the Android Pay option its so that you can top up your revolut a/c with Apple/Android pay not (unfortunately) use Apple/Android pay to make payments using your revolut card. Pity as I've love to be able to do the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

carrotcake wrote: »
    Has anyone checked AIB's rates vs Revolut's rates lately? This morning I bought something online with my AIB MasterCard for £25, and AIB converted this to €28.01. A few seconds later, out of curiosity, I checked the Revolut app to see how much it would cost to buy £25, and it was €27.97. Similarly, I bought something for £10 last month, and the difference was just a couple of cents.
    As far as I remember when AIB shows pending foreign exchange transactions it does not include the fees. Once the transaction is settled the fees are added.
    Right you are. The pending transaction for €28.01 ended up being a confirmed transaction for €28.49 - an increase of 1.7%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭beachhead

Can anyone help me contact a human in Revolut.I can't access the app on my mobile.When I try to access my account the app looks for name & d.o.b. then tells me Revolut has stopped.Normally,I get access with my password and a 6 digit pin sent by text which I then enter.It's been that way since Sat 29/7/17 The 2 tel nos available appear to be lost/stolen cards only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Anyone use Revolut for M and M Direct?

Getting hassle over the fact it's a UK card and my billing address is ROI. Never happened any other time I've used it online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

How does this work with a family, say three people using the underground but only one Revolut card, is it like most cards where you can't swipe a second time within 15 minutes. Would that mean other family members would need either a Revolut, oyster card or swipe card? Two adults and 14 year old travelling for three days, three nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

august12 wrote: »
    How does this work with a family, say three people using the underground but only one Revolut card, is it like most cards where you can't swipe a second time within 15 minutes. Would that mean other family members would need either a Revolut, oyster card or swipe card? Two adults and 14 year old travelling for three days, three nights.

You can't use the same card to swipe in, you need to use a different card for each user

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You can always use your regular credit/debit cards for the other two if they are contactless. Although debit cards tend to have a minimum foreign currency conversion charge so wouldn't be recommended for small value transactions - check your bank's schedule of fees on this.

Quackster wrote:
    You can always use your regular credit/debit cards for the other two if they are contactless. Although debit cards tend to have a minimum foreign currency conversion charge so wouldn't be recommended for small value transactions - check your bank's schedule of fees on this.

I have small amount of euro and sterling on my Revolut card, will it pull from sterling balance first and revert to euro balance then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I have small amount of euro and sterling on my Revolut card, will it pull from sterling balance first and revert to euro balance then.

Yes, but not in the same transaction if you know what I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

It will take from the currency that has enough to cover the transaction. It won't combine the two, so if neither is enough on its own, it will fail AFAIK.

Yes, but not in the same transaction if you know what I mean

RoYoBo wrote:
    It will take from the currency that has enough to cover the transaction. It won't combine the two, so if neither is enough on its own, it will fail AFAIK.

Thanks, that clarifies it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Anyone use Revolut for M and M Direct?

Getting hassle over the fact it's a UK card and my billing address is ROI. Never happened any other time I've used it online

"Thank you for your email, Unfortunately we were unable to accept the order and it was cancelled as we do not accept pre-paid cards."

Very strange to not accept pre-paid debit/credit cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭g0g

If I wanted to pay someone £ 10K in the UK by early next week would Revolut be able to help me if I took out a premium account? I have a feeling I might not have enough time to load it up though as don't most banks stop >€ 5K a day transfers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

These kind of crazy large, urgent money transfers with a small company like Revolut are never a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement