Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

I'm with Ulster Bank and top up my Revolut card with my debit card. It appears as a normal transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Anyone else having issues with the Android app? My transactions list is empty and an error dialogue keeps popping up saying there's an issue to try again later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Anyone else having issues with the Android app? My transactions list is empty and an error dialogue keeps popping up saying there's an issue to try again later

They've posted on Twitter about technical issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

The one morning i need to do a 3k foreign transaction :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Regular occurrence at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

It's kind of reverting to normal now and then. Exchanged few quids just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Got a duplicate charge for a hotel booking. Really bad timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

mac.in wrote: »
    It's kind of reverting to normal now and then. Exchanged few quids just now.

I still can't top up to finish my transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Intermittent for the last few hours and I've used it maybe 5-6 times. Got declined 3 times and accepted 4

I'll still take it over the terrible exchange rates and bank fees :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Yeah. This would stop me only having it as my only card out. However bad Aib are. It does work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And by the looks this time it was not GPS that was at fault but rather something at Revolut themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

An apology and explanation from the CEO of Revolut:

https://blog.revolut.com/no-excuses-we-let-you-down-32f81e64f974
    At around 07:00 BST on Friday morning, our transaction database began to malfunction. Naturally, we followed procedure and switched to a backup server. Unfortunately, the backup server began to drastically slow down and was struggling to process live transactions.

To make matters worse, we had an unexpected spike of 50% in user activity on Friday and the backup server could not handle such a large increase in volume. This server slowdown has never happened before. As a result of this, around 25% of transactions began timing out, occasionally increasing to 75%.

At around 20:30 BST on Friday evening, our engineers were finally able to identify the issue — it was not our application or our database, but instead a server failure. We decided to perform an emergency migration to a newly prepared server.

carrotcake wrote: »
    An apology and explanation from the CEO of Revolut:

https://blog.revolut.com/no-excuses-we-let-you-down-32f81e64f974

Also states that they will refund any fees accrued through not being able to use your card. Might help some of you out. Requests through live chat/social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I've read through pages and pages of the thread but I'm more confused than ever ... hoping someone can help me. I'm heading to the US next month and I have dollars in an account in Ireland, can I transfer those dollars to a revolut account/card to spend in the US? Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

caycro wrote: »
    I've read through pages and pages of the thread but I'm more confused than ever ... hoping someone can help me. I'm heading to the US next month and I have dollars in an account in Ireland, can I transfer those dollars to a revolut account/card to spend in the US? Thanks a mill.

Seems so , certainly in my app I have an account and reference to transfer USD to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

caycro wrote: »

If you can do a transfer to a UK IBAN, your name is shown as sender and you can specify a reference number than that is not a problem.

You can get the relevant account details in the App under "top up" "bank transfer" "USD". This payment will be to Revolt and you need to provide a reference number in the transfer, if possible as end to end reference number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Word on the street is they're looking at setting up an office in Cork, Brexit motivation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

TheChizler wrote: »
    Word on the street is they're looking at setting up an office in Cork, Brexit motivation?

Sounds appropriate the Revolut comes to the Rebel county.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Can I ask a couple of questions that may have been answered already but scrolling through 300 pages will be a pain?

With the virtual card, what's the benefits - is it just the same as using your bank debit card to purchase online? Is there mobile payment with it in stores or do you need the physical card for that?

Anyway to avoid the €12 charge to have the physical card sent to you?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    With the virtual card, what's the benefits - is it just the same as using your bank debit card to purchase online? Is there mobile payment with it in stores or do you need the physical card for that?

Virtual card is only really useful for online payments, you can't make in store purchases without a physical card.

Perhaps in the future (> 6months last time I asked) if & when Android/Apple Pay is supported by Revolut for mobile payments you might be able to get by without a physical card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

With the virtual card, what's the benefits - is it just the same as using your bank debit card to purchase online?

Yep, but the benefit is the exchange rate if you are making non-euro purchases

You can use the virtual card for online purchases just like a debit card, yeah. It's free and lets you do your own currency conversion so you can avoid fees/charges and bad conversion rates.

You can also transfer monies too and from a bank account to your Revolut account for free.

You need the physical card to tap/chip & pin in stores which is €6. You top up the card with €10 and use €6 of it for the card and postage.

I think there is a way of signing up for the premium service for a month to get a card for free, and then cancelling it, but I'm not too sure how it works.

I've probably saved €100's with the card since I've had it. Definitely worth it if you think you will use it a lot.

Thanks.

When I try to order a physical card it's charging me €6 for extra card fee and €6 for delivery so I'm being asked for €12.

Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

Thanks.

When I try to order a physical card it's charging me €6 for extra card fee and €6 for delivery so I'm being asked for €12.

Is this correct?

I don't think it should be charging you the extra card fee. That is usually if you want a second card for a partner etc. Check to make sure you are only ordering a single card.

My virtual card is the same as my physical card which makes it the same thing, so maybe try deleting the virtual card and just order a physical one?

If that works then by doing that the physical card details should be on the app then which is essentially the virtual card too, if that makes sense!

I didn't have any fuss ordering a physical card after I signed up, it was just €6 and job done.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong so.

In the app I go to cards where it shows my virtual one. I click "add new card" and it offers me option of virtual or physical .. when I choose physical that's when it charges me the €12.

Support says they'll be with me in 24 hours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

BlondeBomb wrote:
    In the app I go to cards where it shows my virtual one. I click "add new card" and it offers me option of virtual or physical .. when I choose physical that's when it charges me the €12.

Maybe do as someone else suggested, delete the virtual card first and then add the physical card,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

tech issues on two days during the same week while away not impressed could not use card , and their support is a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Anyone having issues with KBC Extra current account card? I recently moved to KBC (2 weeks ago) and tried for the first time to top up using my Card.

After putting in the 8 digit code that is sent by SMS, It came back with payment not authorised!!

Anyone else have this? I've been onto support (SUpport BOTS!!) and I am still waiting to hear back. Their support has become a joke!

Thanks,
    BobbyT28

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement