Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

lookyhere wrote: »
    When using Revolut on Amazon UK, should I choose "My card is in Pound Sterling (GBP)"?

Yes, always pay in the websites own currency

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

noel100 wrote: »
    Used the new master card which I updated few months ago.

MasterCard here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

As far as I can remember I registered my revolut card on paypal and then used paypal for Uber because I was getting the same error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

MB05 wrote: »
    As far as I can remember I registered my revolut card on paypal and then used paypal for Uber because I was getting the same error.

Yea registering a Revolut card to PayPal as backup is a good idea, or good idea in general.

Solves most issues you might have online anyways and wherever else accepts PayPal

Then make sure your PayPal settings have your Revolut card convert the currencies and job done

You always want to convert currencies yourself, ‘tis the whole point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,306 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Arbie wrote: »
    For those having trouble setting up Uber, are you using the older Mastercard from Revolut or the new Visa?

MasterCard. FWIW I much preferred Lyft as the price was agreed before you order, and never deviated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Dodge wrote: »
    MasterCard. FWIW I much preferred Lyft as the price was agreed before you order, and never deviated
    Yes I second this...it was recommended to me by some US work colleagues...had no problem linking my Revolut card and once the pick up was booked you pay the agreed price and then could tip after the drop off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

My issue was my security settings were blocking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Right I set up my account and just wondering if I'm doing it the right way....

I topped up from my Visa debit and it went through as euro.

I then set up UK Sterling account on the revolution app.
    I now have euro and Sterling on it.

I paid for a few items on Amazon and just put in card details and paid.

I hope I done it the right way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The third step wasn't strictly necessary but otherwise sounds good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Right I set up my account and just wondering if I'm doing it the right way....

I topped up from my Visa debit and it went through as euro.

I then set up UK Sterling account on the revolution app.
    I now have euro and Sterling on it.

I paid for a few items on Amazon and just put in card details and paid.

I hope I done it the right way.

You can just top it up and leave it as Euro. When paying on Amazon use the bank's exchange rate and pay in Sterling. Revolut will do the exchange. Think it's just the same as if you changed it to Sterling first so might as well skip that step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Something strange happened to my revolut today.

First it said welcome to Vietnam

Then it said welcome back home just a few mins after, something to do with selling travel insurance

Did anyone get anything similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'm trying to order a second physical card. I'm getting stuck in a loop basically when I try to select free postage. It pops up with an option of free global express delivery with the option to view upgrade options or cancel. When I press cancel it just goes back to the same page to select a delivery method.I choose free and it pops up with the same message again. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

mel.b wrote: »
    I'm trying to order a second physical card. I'm getting stuck in a loop basically when I try to select free postage. It pops up with an option of free global express delivery with the option to view upgrade options or cancel. When I press cancel it just goes back to the same page to select a delivery method.I choose free and it pops up with the same message again. Any ideas?

I have solved my own problem. Turns out global express delivery is only available with premium...it helps if you read the second line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Bought four items on Amazon. (nothing over £30) All put through my Revolut card separately but within minutes of each other. After the fourth transaction I got a notification from the Revolut app saying that they had noticed unusual transaction and frozen the card. If I was happy with said transactions I should unfreeze the card again. (Which I did.)

Impressed!

Had an issue last week, which turned out to be something I missed, but their support was excellent.

(Standard user; still pondering upgrade)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

J_A_F_A wrote:
    Bought four items on Amazon. (nothing over £30) All put through my Revolut card separately but within minutes of each other. After the fourth transaction I got a notification from the Revolut app saying that they had noticed unusual transaction and frozen the card. If I was happy with said transactions I should unfreeze the card again. (Which I did.)

J_A_F_A wrote:

Had something like that prior. At a wedding and topped up card to use for the bar run. A few hours later card was frozen but I was in no state to unfreeze it by that point so off to bed I went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone else seeing lazy balance refreshes?

Twice now recently I've opened the app, it's displayed enough credit for the transaction but then the transaction gets declined.

When I top up again the balance then refreshes and takes into account some recent transactions that it must have missed when calculating the current balance

Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone having problems topping up using N26 bank card?

Saying this card is not supported , had been using it for years without issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Round up change saving is now live, happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

maximoose wrote: »
    Round up change saving is now live, happy days
    It's a really clever idea - it encourages people to use their Revolut for day to day expenses rather than just when abroad. Smart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've been using my Revolut as my sole card for about 2 years now, have wanted that feature for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I closed my AIB current account recently due to excessive charges/fees and now use my Revolut as my primary current account for getting wages paid into etc. Glad I switched and no issues so far.

If they introduced Google Pay I'd immediately switch for day to day spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EntryDenied12

Just signed up today.

I’m going to verify by sending the ID and selfie soon.

My main reason for joining revolut is because i’m moving to UK soon and need to pay rent.

Yesterday i paid a deposit of £250 using my boi current account and got charged €290.30
    So definitely got stung a few euros!

I need to pay off a £4,320 lump sum soon, so should i deposit €4863.49 which is the current rate and maybe more to cover extra fees?

I would appreciate all advice i’m a broke student and struggled a lot to pay for this independantly so any savings is a bonus towards for living costs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Just signed up today.

My main reason for joining revolut is because i’m moving to UK soon and need to pay rent.

Yesterday i paid a deposit of £250 using my boi current account and got charged €290.30

I need to pay off a £4,320 lump sum soon, so should i deposit €4863.49 which is the current rate and maybe more to cover extra fees?

I would appreciate all advice i’m a broke student and struggled a lot to pay for this independantly so any savings is a bonus towards for living costs!

£250 is currently €287.52 on the app, so you weren't completely ripped off, but obviously better in your pocket than the banks :)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

£250 is currently €287.52 on the app, so you weren't completely ripped off, but obviously better in your pocket than the banks :)

The €290.30 is probably just the £250 converted at the MasterCard/Visa rate before BOI get around to lobbing on their fees. This generally doesn't happen until a few days later when the transaction has completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just signed up today.

If you had have taken that cash out of a U.K atm, you would have got charged for that too, so not that bad really! I believe the TSB atms in the U.K don't charge for you though for atm withdrawals on an Irish card.

I'd prob deposit €4,900 for any currency fluctuations. I know sterling went up to about €1.15 last week or so and held onto some of it since...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EntryDenied12

Cant seem to find the page where people got the physical card for free, just to confirm it costs €11 something to get it aside from being a premium user which is free? Thanks as i topped up €10

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone know how I can pay for an item in dollars with my Revolut linked to my Paypal?

Its trying to convert £ to $ at checkout giving a lousy rate.
    You need to disable Paypal's automatic conversion for the Revolut card.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&buyer_hub

You basically have to use this link since it's (for me at least) impossible to find in your settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Any idea how long a transfer takes from Revolut (Turbo Payment) to N26?

Money was sent this morning and at the end of the transaction it said 'Money will show up by Tuesday'.

That seems awfully slow. I am hoping they are covering themselves.
    If that is the case, it would have been quicker to withraw the cash, lodge it into Irish bank account and then transfer to N26.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You do realise it’s the weekend, all bank transfers take longer at weekends

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement