Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You do realise it’s the weekend, all bank transfers take longer at weekends

Yep, but often have had to do the same transaction, and if it is cash they lodge the cash into AIB via the local Post Office, and it appears in N26 first thing Monday Morning.
    So a direct transfer from Revolut to N26, I would have thought would be at least, the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Suckit wrote:
    That seems awfully slow. I am hoping they are covering themselves. If that is the case, it would have been quicker to withraw the cash, lodge it into Irish bank account and then transfer to N26.

Anytime I transferred to my rabo account from revolut, it took 3 days minimum, if I did the same transfer from my bank account to rabo it would be in my rabo account the same afternoon. I did a couple of international bank transfers as well and it took 3 or 4 days as well with revolut, seemed very slow to me as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Anytime I transferred to my rabo account from revolut, it took 3 days minimum, if I did the same transfer from my bank account to rabo it would be in my rabo account the same afternoon. I did a couple of international bank transfers as well and it took 3 or 4 days as well with revolut, seemed very slow to me as well.

Haven't used them for transfers, but waiting for a refund to my revolut card - 3 business days so far..

Thanks. Not a big deal, but good to know.

Same as. If the cash is transferred from an Irish bank account before closing (I think before 3pm realistically), it will be in my N26 account the same day. But if it is after that, it will be first thing in the morning. If Transferred on a Friday evening, Saturday or Sunday, then it will be in N26 first thing Monday morning.
    I guessed that Revolut would be quick because they call it 'Turbo transfer'. But noticed that message at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anyone get an email this evening advising that their card had an issue whereby it would not work to pay at London Underground terminals. Apparently this issue affects a number of cards including mine! They are sending out a free replacement card within 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Deleting it to avoid confusion....

Deleting it to avoid confusion....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I clicked into it not thinking but it didn't ask for anything too personal. No address or card numbers or anything just name and phone number. Seemed quite legit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

It's legit, Revolut twitter has stuff up about ti.

• Advertisement

Eoghan_2 wrote: »
    It's legit, Revolut twitter has stuff up about ti.

Ah, ok. The landing page is poorly made. I will contact them through the chat first.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email this evening advising that their card had an issue whereby it would not work to pay at London Underground terminals. Apparently this issue affects a number of cards including mine! They are sending out a free replacement card within 30 days.

Got that email too. Have both a MasterCard and Visa with them but the email doesn't explain which one the issue is with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Think it’s the MasterCard.... as a few people who also were issued their MasterCard the same time as me also received the email.

Suckit wrote: »
    Any idea how long a transfer takes from Revolut (Turbo Payment) to N26?

Money was sent this morning and at the end of the transaction it said 'Money will show up by Tuesday'.

That seems awfully slow. I am hoping they are covering themselves.
    If that is the case, it would have been quicker to withraw the cash, lodge it into Irish bank account and then transfer to N26.

The money showed up at 7:28am this morning.
    I won't be using that on a weekend again. Very slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Just ordered my new FREE card via e-mail about London payment issue. The app has also let me open a U.K. bank account. Have they brought this back - think it was active before but only on a temporary basis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I set up a vault for the rounding up feature. Great idea. I've been buying my lunch with it since. Will see how much I have at Christmas. I'm also auto topping up the vault by €5 a week to help boost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Quackster wrote: »
    Got that email too. Have both a MasterCard and Visa with them but the email doesn't explain which one the issue is with.

looks as if the problem is with their Mastercard. https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/988526888485351432

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Someone in USA used my card last night to spend 32 euro . They tried to spend hundreds more but I didn't have the funds.
    Luckily it wasn't earlier on in day as I did have more then.

Wonder will I see that back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Someone in USA used my card last night to spend 32 euro .
    Any idea how/where your account was compromised?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Someone in USA used my card last night to spend 32 euro . They tried to spend hundreds more but I didn't have the funds.
    Luckily it wasn't earlier on in day as I did have more then.

Wonder will I see that back now.

Probably a lesson for all not to have too much on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Just freeze the card until you want to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I sent €50 yesterday to my account by the Swift method with the ref supplied in app. This is an advance transfer to see if it works before sending a larger amount.

How long before it shows ? I am with PTSB.

Failing that, am I better to use transfermate ? (Amount would be £2250 about €2500)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Why did you not pay to your personal IBAN?

That is usually there next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Why did you not pay to your personal IBAN?

That is usually there next day.

Thanks.
    Yes, my mistake. I thought I had to go the SWIFT route. SWIFT is sloooooow and may even have fees!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

There won't be extra cost as while it's called swift due to it being an IBAN the bank will treat it as such unless you went down to the branch and asked them to do it as swift. If you did it via open24 it will go as SEPA transfer.

There is just going to be a slight processing delay once it reached Revolut. They will get it next business day (if you did it before the cut-off point) and they then need extra time to process, but usually, it's there maximum 2 days after sending.

Doing it directly to your personal IBAN will make it quicker as it's usually there next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I was thinking of getting a revolut card mainly for use on the london underground and hotels so would usually only have under €100 on it at a time.

The free card offer is over but I was wondering if the physical MasterCard can be ordered for non-premium accounts in Ireland? On their own forums people are complaining that Visa all they can get in the UK for non-premium accounts, but I wondered about Ireland.

The reason for MasterCard over Visa is the frequent comments online about visa being coded as a prepaid card and failing for transactions that exclude prepaid cards.

What's the ID requirements for small amounts? A selfie in the app and a photo of my passport? Is there a proof of address requirement before I load money onto it and buy the physical card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hi all,
    Can someone riddle me this.... Has anyone had an issue trying to add your Revoult Bank account (GB IBAN, Euro Account) to AIB? I cannot add a GB IBAN to AIB as a Payee (I have contacted them)

I don't want to go down the Debit Card route as it's a business debit card, when I checked how much a 1,000 eur payment to Revoult would be, Revoult were going to charge €13.

I really don't want to setup a new personal account with personal debit card just for this, although may have to.

I can purchase using Credit Card with no fee, but it's a bit of a long way round... i'd prefer to just pay straight from my current account into Revoult (There is no way to avoid the charge on a business debit card) - I'm a sole trader hence the business account.

-Edit- Reason I don't want to open another account is that I have too many accounts as it is for different businesses... last thing I want is more bank / stamp duty charges.

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Can someone riddle me this.... Has anyone had an issue trying to add your Revoult Bank account (GB IBAN, Euro Account) to AIB? I cannot add a GB IBAN to AIB as a Payee (I have contacted them)

Yeah, AIB don't allow non-Irish accounts to be setup as Payees. I've gotten around this for my N26 account by setting up a standing order instead, you can use any SEPA account for that. If it's a once-off you just need to remember to cancel the standing order after it's done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Spocker wrote: »
    Yeah, AIB don't allow non-Irish accounts to be setup as Payees. I've gotten around this for my N26 account by setting up a standing order instead, you can use any SEPA account for that. If it's a once-off you just need to remember to cancel the standing order after it's done

Thanks. Pain in the hole. Don't want to do a SO!

Looks like Revoult may not be for me (not their fault) - They have offered to refund my 10eur top up and cancel my account.

Although, I think i'll keep it as i'll save a few quid when purchasing from UK.

I presume there's no issues using Revoult card with PayPal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

JohnCleary wrote: »

I presume there's no issues using Revoult card with PayPal?

None. Just make sure to disable Paypals crap currency converter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement